“DOUBLE BILL ME LATER , PLEASE !!!!!!!!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Homewood Suites by Hilton
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Chester
GreenLeadersGold level
The Villages, United States
“DOUBLE BILL ME LATER , PLEASE !!!!!!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

We bought our room through Trivago, then through Expedia. We paid on the web site. A day after we left this hotel we received a call from someone identifying herself as a hotel employee.She said our credit card was declined. It was an old credit card she had accessed through Hilton Honors. We explained to her we had paid through the hotel web site. What was creepy wasthat they could access old information and attempt to bill me without my knowledge. One last point about Homewood Suites, their beds are not near as comfortable as Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Marie Annette B
Nicole C, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Marie Annette B,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am sorry for the problem with the billing. I would like to speak with you further about the problems you experienced. Please contact me at 804-751-0010
Thanks again for the review and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Nicole Clay

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Ocala, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

Wish we could have stayed longer! Beds and pillows were awesome! Water pressure in shower and sinks were great! My only negative was the sofa and chair looked comfy but were very hard! The breakfast area was arranged well and the selections were very good! Easy arrival and easy departure! Rooms were very clean!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Allen I
Dear Allen I,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are happy that you had a “Great stay”. I am sorry that the chair was hard, they are brand new. I will be sure to share your positive feedback with my team.
Thanks again for the review and we hope to see you again soon!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Very nice hotel. Nicely furnished, appointed and close by restaurants. Convenient to interstate 295. We had small problem with complimentary breakfast but there was a family reunion and things just ran out. We would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Debra P
Debra P,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are happy that you had an enjoyable stay and found the hotel to be in a convenient location.
Thanks again for the review and we hope to see you again soon!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

We arrived and all was fine. We went to dinner and came back and our room faced the basketball courts and the grills. It was after 11pm, when the constant bang, bang, bang stopped along with the music playing. The only good thing is I like Bon Jovi and can sing along with the best of them. Just got very tired of it after a bit. Lots of running up and down the hallways. Upstairs neighbors banged for hours. HOURS. At 11:30, I called the front desk to ask them to stop. They didn't. My husband called the room and asked them to stop and they did. About an hour later, the room called us and told us to quit telling them what to do. Awesome. The beds were terribly uncomfortable. Very lumpy and in need of attention. If I paid a lot less, I could put up with it but for the price point, I was disappointed.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank gjscollins
Nicole C, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear gjscollins,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review. I am very sorry about the problems that you experienced with other guests in the hotel. I am very sorry for the lack of action and concern on behalf of my team. Thank you for brining the problem to my attention. I would love to speak with you in more detail about your stay. Please email me at nicole.clay@hilton.com or call me at the hotel at 804-751-0010. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

We got this room through the Army for 83/night. Our room had an odd musty smell which they tried to remedy by putting drying sheets in the a/c vent! Needless to say this didn't work. Our first night we were awoken to loud fighting in the parking lot that lasted way too long before it was addressed; the next morning there shoes and clothes in parking lot leftover from the party/fight. Breakfast was included and included hot and cold items which was good for the price. The shower didn't drain quickly, leaving you standing in water while showering. I couldn't access the wireless and when I called the front desk it just rang over and over with no one ever answering after multiple attempts. The cardio equipment in the workout room was new and in good working order. Maybe a different room and a different weekend this would have been a better place to stay....not sure though.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MichelleC2105
Dear MichelleC2105,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am sorry for the problems that you experienced with your stay. I would like to speak with you further about the problems you experienced. Please contact me at 804-751-0010.
Thanks again for the review and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

So we came back to this hotel again, mainly because we had points towards our stay. This time all the kinks with breakfast were worked out. Even on a holiday weekend and hitting breakfast in the last half-hour, items were plentiful and kept stocked the entire time. Much improved! The room was great just as before. The pool however, just was all wrong. The water was a strange teal color, and no joke, the spa water had an olive cast to it. What is up with that? Is it salt water?! There should be a sign to explain, I was afaid to let my kids use it. On top of that, there was mildew on the edge trim and green growth of some sort on some of the depth markers. It seemed like it needed to be drained, thoroughly cleansed, and refilled from scratch. Also, my daughter nearly fell every time she took a step on the tiles. We've never experienced this degree of slippery-ness anywhere else. Did they use the wrong type of tile?? It is weird, just like last time, I was afraid of her cracking her head open. Except for the pool experience all was good.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review. I am very sorry about the problems that you experienced with the pool area. Thank you for brining the problem to my attention. I can assure you that I am working with my maintenance staff to remedy the problems.

Forest, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Our first room was directly over the pool patio and basketball court resulting in an unbearable level of noise for 2 young children to deal with when trying to go to sleep. We were relocated to the sixth floor which proved to be much better. The mattress on the fold out sofa is flimsy at best. It is not thick enough for the frame and could result in some bumps and bruises. The front desk staff was very accommodating.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review. I am very sorry about the problems that you experienced with the location of your room. I am glad to see that the front desk staff was “very accommodating” in finding a room to better suited for your family. We hope to see you again next time you are in town.