“Very Bad Room.”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Chester
Reviewed 17 October 2012

Where do I start? We asked for a none smoking room. The room they gave us had a very bad smell of smoke in it so we ask to be moved and they did. The next room they gave us had a air filter machine running in it to mask the smell in it. It said no smoking on the bed with a little sign but ash trays were present in both rooms. ???? That night my wife noticed that the door safety lock was missing on the door. I could tell it had been ripped out. This made us fill very unsafe that night. The bath room door would not close all the way due to dragging on the floor. The bath room light shade over the sink had a large baseball size hole broken out in it with the bulb conection partly showing. There was mold on the tub and the cover for the tub valve was broken. There was a dead bug on the cealing over the tv. On check in we were no given sheets for the pull out even though we said we were going to use it. When I took all this information to the asst. manager he told me they had cut back to one service person. I advised him that was not working for them. We were there for a church conference in the area with several pastors there. I told the manager I would see to it that we as a group would not stay there again. He offered to take 10% off my bill but did not do so at check out. Lots of truck noise all night long and my wife could not sleep due to it. I called choice hotels and advised them of this. A lot more I could list but I think you can get the picture.Hope this helps someone. Pastor Larry Lane Portsmouth Va.

Room Tip: no way to get away from truck noise!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank PastorLarry15
QualityInn340, Director of Sales at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete the online review regarding your stay at our hotel. Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding our hotel management on your past visit. I have shared your feedback with all my management staff to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future. We will soon be completing an extensive guest room renovation, inclusive of new carpeting, wall coverings and accessories so I think this will exclude the carpet that had a heavy odor. We ask that you give us another opportunity to better host you at our property, at a 25% discounted offer. I invite you to contact me personally at 804-796-5200 to discuss this with you further.

Reviewed 18 September 2012

Although the staff was very pleasant, we spent most of our overnight stay hearing trucks and other vehicles from the nearby interstate/highways. My other complaint was the breakfast - not the food but all the truckers hogging the area (we walked in at 6 A.M. ready to eat and hit the road). The tables are joined together by twos or threes. Unfortunately, it was common to see one trucker sitting at the middle table, occupying all the joined tables. The only place we could find to sit down was at the computer table, trying hard not to get any food or drink on the keyboard. Also, some of their conversations were a little spicy. Keep this in mind if you like to eat early.

Room Tip: When you check in, ask if your room is near the interstate/highways
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
QualityInn340, Director of Sales at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Dear Guests, Thank you for taking the time review our Quality Inn with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.
We are looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accommodations and service the next time you are in town! :)

Reviewed 15 August 2012

The hotel that I was originally headed for was over booked, so when I ended up at the Quality Inn I didnt have very high expectations. But, I was very pleasantly surprised. My sons loved the indoor pool, the king suite was perfect for us, and the hot breakfast was fantastic! I would definitely suggest this property to families with small children.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest, Please accept a huge thank you from all of us here at the Quality Inn! We were so happy to hear you had such a great experience. It means the world to us to hear when we have had a success. All comments are worth reading and learning from, [especially the the good ones :) ] Thank you again and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 7 August 2012

We were passing through the area late night and needed a place to stay. We generally don't choose Quality Inns, but every single hotel off this exit was booked, this was the only one with availability. That turned us off, but it was after midnight and we couldn't be too choosy. The room was cheap, only $99.00. The beds were very uncomfortable, the sofa bed particularly so. When you laid on it, the mattress sunk right through the frame. The rooms weren't very big, only a narrow walkway to get around the beds once the sofa was opened up. There was a window seat which doubled as a bed, but it was filthy and had so many stains on it, we wouldn't even let our kids sit on it. The soda machines ate our money, but there was a decent selection in the snack machines.

Having arrived late, we were slow getting around in the morning and the front desk staff started harassing us exactly one minute after check out time. We got 3 calls to our room and someone knocking on our door. I understand we were running a little behind time, but surely one call was sufficient. We've never been so harassed when simply running a few minutes late upon checkout.

We'll not be back to this hotel and are sorry it was the only one with availability

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank 1blessedmomma

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I would like to personally apologize for the series of unfortunate incidences that you experienced during your stay with us. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to meet your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we used the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. Soon, a complete an extensive guest room renovation, inclusive of new carpeting, wall coverings and accessories so I think this will exclude the carpet that had a heavy odor. Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Chester.

Reviewed 27 July 2012

ms.johnnisa was very helpful with everything i ask her polite and smile all hotel need front desk clerk like her . when hotel get good review on front desk clerk they should give them raise no matter the reason.

Room Tip: check in quality inn chester,va
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo

It is very encouraging for me and my team to receive positive feedback like yours. If your future travel plans bring you back to Chester, we will be delighted to serve you again. Kind regards from your Quality Inn family.

Reviewed 18 October 2011

I stayed there a night with the family in February/2011, thought it was a good bargain, so when I ended up in the area again back in May, I went a little out of my way to stay there again. The staff was awesome, the place was clean & breakfast was good with one meat item included ( meat item changes from day to day). The indoor pool was pretty cold in February ,but I did not try it on the second visit in May. It seems to be in a convenient spot about 15 mins. south of Richmond. Both times I stayed there, I used coupons from one of the discount hotel booklets & stayed there for $50 +Tax

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Careless_B

Dear Guests, thank you very much for taking the time to write a review after your stay our Quality Inn. With pleasure we read that you appreciated your stay and the services provided by our staff. Looking forward to your return visit. With best regards, from our family, to yours! :)

Reviewed 9 May 2011

It was race weekend in Richmond, but we needed a place to stay in Chesterfield. There hasn't been a review on this property in some time, but we took a chance since our choices were limited. Our room was spacious, clean and comfortable. We did not try the indoor pool, however it was full of children having a great time.
At breakfast we were surprised to find a hot buffet which included eggs, pancakes, bacon, sausage, gravy, biscuits, home fries and more.
Our only complaint is a minor one--the entrance. There was no parking available for a convenient to check-in. Although we didn't mind this inconvenience, some travelers who are less mobile might find the entrance less than welcoming.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Motherbritanica

Dear Guests, thank you very much for taking the time to write a review after your stay our Quality Inn. With pleasure we read that you appreciated your stay and the services provided by our staff. Please know we greatly value your support and loyalty and hope you consider the Chester, Quality Inn your home away from home when in the Richmond area. :)