“Excellent Courtyard”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Washington, DC
“Excellent Courtyard”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Made a reservation at the last minute for Virginia State's homecoming weekend and this was an excellent choice. Check-in was quick and efficient, the room was clean and well appointed, price was reasonable and breakfast was good. What more could you ask for? Would highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank romadaro
Indy P, General Manager at Courtyard Richmond Chester, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our facility up to your expectations. Complete satisfaction has always been our goal. Thank you for your thoughts and kind words. Take care.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Asheboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 October 2013

This is one of the nicest Courtyards I have been too. Stayed the weekend and while they were extremely busy with baseball teams the staff were friendly and very efficient. The room was very clean and beautifully done. John checked me in and was fast and very friendly. There were two other guest agents who helped me and I'm sorry I don't remember there names (One is from NH) Everyone I ran into was cheerful and said hello. You could tell they enjoyed their jobs. I have also spoken to the General Manager Indy who is very accommodating and just as nice as his staff. It is ideally located in Chester and easy to get to. I would definitely stay here again. Thank-you for a great stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Kathie M
Indy P, General Manager at Courtyard Richmond Chester, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and that we could meet your expectations. Our associates love to extend our best services to our esteemed guests and keep up the 'Marriott' standards. I will certainly pass on your message to our staff and hope that you enjoy the same high standard of hospitality whenever you stay with us. By the way the lady from NH is Lawana - she loves to be out there and is a great asset to our property.
Your sentiments are greatly appreciated - take care.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 7 October 2013

A friend and I were roadtripping up to New York from her place in South Carolina and we stopped here in Chester and found this Marriott. Very clean, neat hotel. The front desk offered a reasonable price for the room. Comfortable beds. My friend and I both agreed we would stop by on our way back down to SC. We didn't use the pool but we walked by and it was nice looking. It doesn't include breakfast but there was free coffee and Starbucks on site (!). Overall, for a quick night, it was perfect.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a courtyard view!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Rachel R
Indy P, General Manager at Courtyard Richmond Chester, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
We appreciate your kind words in appreciation of the services we provide at our hotel. We take pride in our associates who strive hard to take care of our guests and keep up the 'Marriott' standards. Thank you very much for staying with us - we shall be expecting you back at our property during your way back to SC! Take care...
Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Great hotel, great room, great service, especially from front desk. The room was a good size, it was well kept, very clean. I really enjoyed my stay, one of the better hotels I have been to in a while. For the price it was everything I hoped it would be, and would definitely stay again :)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Larissa D
Indy P, General Manager at Courtyard Richmond Chester, responded to this review, 6 October 2013
Thank you very much for your encouraging words. We always try to extend the best of our services to our guests at all times. We are happy to know that we were able to serve you and meet your expectations with our impeccable service. Thank you for staying with us - always at your service - take care.
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I have been traveling for the last year and was happy to stumble on this Courtyard Marriott after the adjacent establishment was booked for the evening. I had such a great experience that I referred 3 of my business associates to this Marriott. The staff is very helpful and strive to please their guests. The staff at the Front Desk are professional and welcoming, the staff at the Bistro are competent and friendly and the Housekeeping staff is diligent and polite. I have quickly obtained Platinum Status as a frequent Marriott visitor and I use this Chester location to set the standard for other Marriott I visit in other locations. When you see the attitude of other guests, you know when you have selected an awesome establishment!

Room Tip: The balcony rooms in the rear offer a relaxing environment.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank John T
Thank you very much for sharing your views and your kind words, which keeps us motivated to give our best. We always try to extend the best of our services to our guests all the time. We are happy to know that we were able to serve you and meet your expectations with our impeccable service. Thank you for staying with us - take care.
Chester, Virginia
Reviewed 2 October 2013

My company has been working in Virginia for the past 3 years. My colleagues and I have stayed in almost every city in Virginia but have not found another hotel that accommodates us more than this hotel. I recommend this Hotel to anyone looking for long and/or short term stays.

VERY CLEAN!!!

The hospitality is Awesome, from the front desk to the Bistro/Bar!

Thanks to ALL of the staff for helping our stays here feel like the comforts of home!

JM

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Tempest2013
Great to know that we meet your expectations. We always try to extend the best of our services to our guests all the time. We are happy to know that we were able to serve you and meet your expectations with our impeccable service. Always at your service - thank you for staying with us - take care.
Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

John is the BEST!!!! Every time we stay at this property we usually check in very late in the evening. John always greets us and remembers who we are. I enjoy staying here knowing that we are welcomed. Very nice to the customers. The rooms are nice as well. :-)

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank walterssm
Your message shall be passed on to John!. We always try to extend the best of our services to our guests at all times. We are happy to know that we were able to serve you and meet your expectations with our impeccable service. Thank you for staying with us - take care.