“amazing management at this marriott courtyard residence”

Courtyard Richmond Chester
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Chester
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Lewana and John were both immensely helpful in our short business stay with 4 people and accommodating our local guests. They even freed up some private meeting room space which made things so much easier. It's so refreshing to find personal and down to earth accommodations and service, very highly recommended!!

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank DamienMaloney
Indy P, General Manager at Courtyard Richmond Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

It was a pleasure to serve you, and yes we have some of the best people in the world working for & with us. We believe in providing the best service and hospitality and make your stay at our hotel incredibly enjoyable and make you feel at home. Your kind words shall surely help to keep up our enthusiam to even do better - hope to see you back soon - take care.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

I stayed at this Courtyard Marriott over the long Thanksgiving weekend visiting my soldier in Fort Lee. I arrived Thanksgiving afternoon and was given a lovely welcome by Heidi at the front desk. She was very friendly, courteous, and helpful when I had questions about how to get to the Fort. The room was clean and comfortable (I love Marriott beds). I would recommend this hotel to anyone. I normally travel for business and although this was not a business trip I did note to myself that it would have been great to stay in for a business trip as well. A little couch and coffee table in the room is great for unpacking or working on your laptop if you don't want to use the desk. As a Marriott Elite member I was very pleased with this Courtyard. It's probably about 15 minutes on mainly highway roads to get to Fort Lee and it was also extremely easy to go to Richmond (30-40 min away) during the day as well. I did not try the Cafe but it looked tasty. Free coffee in the lobby was a great bonus. I ate dinner at a great Mexican restaurant right on the other side of the road (Don Pepe) so there are definitely lots of dining options if you want to explore the area. I was very pleased with my experience.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Anghared1

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us. We appreciate your loyalty, especially for being an Elite Marriott member and giving us the opportunity to take care of you during the important Thanksgiving occassion. Thank you very much for taking the time to pen your kind words. We promise keep up our good work and hope to see you back soon - take care.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

This Marriott was excellent. Customer service at the front desk was fantastic. The rate of the hotel was amazing for how clean, modern, updated, quiet and comfortable the room and property was. All staff were just great. The cafe in the lobby was wonderful as they had a real nice menu for breakfast and it was delicious. The chef came out and brought the yummy french toast and strawberries and he was so very pleasant as well as the staff working in the cafe that morning. We will recommend any of our friends and family visiting in that area to stay at this property.

Room Tip: 2nd floor with balcony facing lot was quiet and comfortable and very very clean.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BonnieLanokaHarbor

We all here at the Courtyard Marriott Chester are delighted to know that you had a fantastic stay with us and that we were able to meet your expectations. I will surely pass your compliments to our associates and promise to keep up our standards so that we can provide you with the same level of hospitality during your next stay with us! Thank you very much - take care.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Made a reservation at the last minute for Virginia State's homecoming weekend and this was an excellent choice. Check-in was quick and efficient, the room was clean and well appointed, price was reasonable and breakfast was good. What more could you ask for? Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank romadaro
Indy P, General Manager at Courtyard Richmond Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our facility up to your expectations. Complete satisfaction has always been our goal. Thank you for your thoughts and kind words. Take care.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

This is one of the nicest Courtyards I have been too. Stayed the weekend and while they were extremely busy with baseball teams the staff were friendly and very efficient. The room was very clean and beautifully done. John checked me in and was fast and very friendly. There were two other guest agents who helped me and I'm sorry I don't remember there names (One is from NH) Everyone I ran into was cheerful and said hello. You could tell they enjoyed their jobs. I have also spoken to the General Manager Indy who is very accommodating and just as nice as his staff. It is ideally located in Chester and easy to get to. I would definitely stay here again. Thank-you for a great stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Kathie M
Indy P, General Manager at Courtyard Richmond Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and that we could meet your expectations. Our associates love to extend our best services to our esteemed guests and keep up the 'Marriott' standards. I will certainly pass on your message to our staff and hope that you enjoy the same high standard of hospitality whenever you stay with us. By the way the lady from NH is Lawana - she loves to be out there and is a great asset to our property.
Your sentiments are greatly appreciated - take care.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

A friend and I were roadtripping up to New York from her place in South Carolina and we stopped here in Chester and found this Marriott. Very clean, neat hotel. The front desk offered a reasonable price for the room. Comfortable beds. My friend and I both agreed we would stop by on our way back down to SC. We didn't use the pool but we walked by and it was nice looking. It doesn't include breakfast but there was free coffee and Starbucks on site (!). Overall, for a quick night, it was perfect.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a courtyard view!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Rachel R
Indy P, General Manager at Courtyard Richmond Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

We appreciate your kind words in appreciation of the services we provide at our hotel. We take pride in our associates who strive hard to take care of our guests and keep up the 'Marriott' standards. Thank you very much for staying with us - we shall be expecting you back at our property during your way back to SC! Take care...

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Great hotel, great room, great service, especially from front desk. The room was a good size, it was well kept, very clean. I really enjoyed my stay, one of the better hotels I have been to in a while. For the price it was everything I hoped it would be, and would definitely stay again :)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Larissa D
Indy P, General Manager at Courtyard Richmond Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2013

Thank you very much for your encouraging words. We always try to extend the best of our services to our guests at all times. We are happy to know that we were able to serve you and meet your expectations with our impeccable service. Thank you for staying with us - always at your service - take care.