“Average plus”

Courtyard Richmond Chester
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Chester
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 10 June 2014

This is a good Marriott to stay at if you are sleeping here. Under no circumstances should you eat at the Bristro in the lobby. I just had the worst sandwich I have ever seen. It was their signature Bristol burger. It was cold and the cheese was stuck hard to the bun because it had been sitting out for what had to be more than an hour. The lady fried up some fries and threw them on top to hide the sandwich. The bread had already been smashed like it had been served to someone else and they didn't want it. Again the hotel is good. Please do not eat at the lobby mini restraint (bristro) . The lady that had cooked it would even look at me while I was talking because she knew what she had done. This happened at 6pm tuesday june 10th.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Terry M
chester800, General Manager at Courtyard Richmond Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Hello There,
Thank you so much for staying with us and most especially for taking the time to share your experience. Please accept my sincre apology for the inconvenience you have encountered while dining in our Bistro. We take great pride in ensuring all our guests have a great experience when staying with us and unfortunately we did not meet your expectations. I hope that you would give us another chance in the near future.

Sonita Segrest,GM

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel last weekend and there were a few problems. Girl that checked me in was most unfriendly, wanted to see ID, and said I had reservation under 2 names and both of us needed to be there to check in.Then she told me how to pay for the room. Felt like a trip to the DMV. After driving all day and having to get ready it was annoying.

The room smelled bad liked it had been smoked in and cleaned with a foul smelling cleaner. I did not ask for another room because I did not want to deal with girl at the desk. There were 3 different front desk people during our stay and none of them nice. I met several of the cleaning staff and they were all nice. They should switch them out with the front desk. Do not get a room a room facing the road because it is very noisy with the cheap sliding glass doors.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank walt c
chester800, General Manager at Courtyard Richmond Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Hi There,
Thank you so much for staying with us and most especially for taking the time to share your experience. Please accept my sincere apology for the incovenience you have encountered with my front desk associates during the checked in process. We take great pride in ensuring our guest's satisfaction ,unfortunately we did not meet your expectations.

We would like to regain your trust and hope that you would give us another chance in the near future. Please don't hesitate to contact me at 804-414-1010 if I may be of assistance.

Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

The rooms were clean and large but there wasn't much that made them stand out. Pretty bland boring decor. The pool was a huge disappointment. Not only was it small and way over chlorinated it was in a tiny enclosed space with only a few chairs and there was no way to enjoy it with all the kids shouting and squealing. It was so loud my ears rang for hours after leaving. The hot tub was roped off for repairs. There was a lacrosse championship and the hotel had dozens of young boys and teenagers running rampant through the halls, lobby, and parking lot till very late at night. The staff seemed oblivious to it. And I'm pretty sure they did not have a continental breakfast. I tried to find out but it was never made clear. I've stayed in cheap motels that were heads above this Marriott. Really not worth the price.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MrsLuck77
chester800, General Manager at Courtyard Richmond Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your recent stay . Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest's satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.
We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. If I may be of assistance ,please don't hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Great hotel, very convenient. We were in the area for a Wedding. We had three rooms and each was very nice. I accidentally left some jewelry in our room and called the next day from our next location to see if they had found it. I spoke with "Sonita", the Manager, and she was so helpful and told me she would do her best to locate it and get back to me. She called back and said they had found it! She offered to mail it to me but since we were coming back that way on our way to the airport we told her we would stop and pick it up. I was so happy!!! I really appreciate her help and other staff members in finding my items. We would definitely stay here again! Marriott is always our first choice.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 956sunnyday

Hi There,
It was a pleasure meeting you ,your husband and your your mom. Thank you so much for staying with us and most especially for taking the time to share your recent stay with us. We are delighted that you had an ejoyable stay.
We hope to be able to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I have recently become a Marriott Platinum Lifetime member so have stayed at a few Marriotts including several Courtyards.
This one does not live up to the standard of some of the others but charges as though it does ($129 a night and counting)

1) The housekeeping is distinctly average. Room seemed to have been vacuumed only twice during a two week stay, we had to request some paper coffee cups three times as these were never replaced, glasses left on the bench top were left there, bathroom floor mopped?... not often enough!
2) The on-site restaurant could be better - we tried a quesadilla one night that was a bit of a mess so after that hit the salad bar down the road.
3) They charge like a wounded bull for the shirt service : $6.25 per shirt?? No other Marriott I know has this excessive charge..... top-up for the management maybe?
4) In the evening there was almost always a crowd of people around the reception desk chatting with whoever was on duty .
5) The 24-hour tea and coffee service had been closed down even though the signage is still there - annoying not having this common complimentary service .

A very average stay - if we get back to this area again we will look for somewhere else.

Room Tip: High floor would be best as it gets pretty noisy at weekends - strangely, depsite the things we foun...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
chester800, Manager at Courtyard Richmond Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Hello,
Thank you for sharing your experience with the Courtyard Richmond Chester. I apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback.

You are a valued customer; and everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. Please be assured that we are taking corrective immediate steps to avoid such problems in the future.

Once again, please accept my sincere apology . If you would like to discuss your experience further ,please feel free to contact me directly. We would like to regain your trust and we hope
you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We spent the weekend here for our daughters AAU basketball tournament. Hotel overall was great. Close to restaurants and shopping.My only gripe was that when you spend over $100/night you expect complimentary breakfast and an in room microwave. We've stayed at other hotels of the like and this is pretty standard. With the economy as it is travelers want a bang for the buck. To have to purchase breakfast from the hotel or go to the nearby grocery store is unacceptable. Would think twice next time on staying here.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
chester800, General Manager at Courtyard Richmond Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Hi There,
Thank you for taking the time to share your hotel experience with us. We are delighted that you and your family had an enjoyable stay with us. We hope to be able to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel is beautiful!
It is right off the highway, easy to get to, the rooms where large and beautiful, the beds were so comfortable - I would say this stay was absolutely perfect despite one thing....the glasses in the room that weren't in plastic wrap were used & disgusting - but other than that, I would recommend this place to anyone! Especially for the price!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank babsbunny9830

Hello,
Thank you for staying with us and most especially for taking the time to share your hotel experience . We are delighted that thatyou had an Awesome stay. We hope to be able to serve you again in the near future.