“Great hotel; convenient to Richmond Area”

Courtyard Richmond Chester
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Chester
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We stayed at this Courtyard Marriot while visiting Richmond for a swim meet. The hotel is very convenient to Route 95 making the whole Richmond area accessible. The hotel was well maintained. The room was extremely clean and very comfortable. The hotel staff was friendly and accommodating. The beds were comfortable and made for a good night sleep. If we would return to Richmond, I would definitely stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
chester800, General Manager at Courtyard Richmond Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Hi There,
Thank you for staying with us and most especially for taking the time to share your experience. It was our pleasure to be at your service last week during your team swim meet. We are delighted that you all have an enjoyable stay. We look forward to having you and your team stay with us again next year.

Sonita Segrest,GM

Reviewed 31 July 2014

After a long afternoon touring Monticello in Charlottesville, Va, we headed an hour south to stay at this well rated Marriott Courtyard. The hotel is located right off I-95 which was very convenient, rooms were renovated and clean and the hotel was a very pleasant place to stop for the night and continue on our trip the next morning. Since Chester is not a "major" city, there were limited restaurants and really not much to do in the area....but the Pizza Hut down the road was sufficient and we had breakfast on the road the next day.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rhkfreespirit

Hello,
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your lodging accomodations after your long tour at Monticello in Charlottesville. My team and I are pleased to know that you had a very pleasant stay with us. We hope to be able to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

"We take great pride in ensuring all our guests have a great experience when staying with us."
Actions speak louder than words.
Staff was going through the motions and no one stood out as going out of their way to make my experience excellent. First room had a damp mold smell the second room didn't smell as bad. On my reservation I requested lower floor and extra pillows but they did not read my request as we were put on the 4th floor with no extra pillows. The lobby has been updated but does not match the rooms with their 70-80s furnishings. Room was clean with no mold in the bath room, flat screen TV, fridge, and the beds were comfortable. The pool was murky not clear and hot tub jets do not work and according to staff have never worked. Microwaved breakfast sandwich was sad and fruit was tasteless so I would not recommend the over priced food here.. If you are just passing threw town this place is OK but I would check and see if I could find the same average accommodations at a better price first.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the street side, check the room before taking your luggage up and don't...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank JimwithJen

Hi There,
Thank you for staying with us and most especially for taking the time to share your experience. Please accept my sincre apology for the incovenience you have encountered while staying with us . Please feel free to give me a call at the hotel at 804-414-1010 if you would like to discuss your stay with us further. I look forward to hear from you.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Love this property, A big thanks to Regina and Diana in the Cafe. They are extremely accommodating and make our stay at Marriott even more pleasant and perfect with their amazing service. Comfortable, clean and quiet rooms...as crowded as the parking lot was, we always feel like we are there alone! Great pool area too :)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi There,
Thank you so much for staying with us and most especially for taking the time to share your experience. I am so delighted to hear that Regina and Diana were extremely accomodating and made your stay pleasant and perfect.
We look forward to be at your service again in the futue.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I have been coming to the Richmond area on business for about a year now. I've stayed at several hotels in the area prior to coming to this one. About six months ago I had to stay here due to availability of other hotels that I liked. Since then, I haven't gone back to any of them. I love this hotel. It may not be the savviest or cheapest hotel you've ever stayed at and there isn't really a whole lot to offer nearby. The staff is really what keeps me coming back. I love the staff like I love my family. I can truly consider them all my friends. They go out of their way to accommodate guests and provide them with the most comfortable stay that they can. Marissa and Chelsea are always there to greet you in the morning with a delightful smile and friendly hello. Eric and Lawana are always there to welcome me back in the evening and ask how my day was all the while displaying the kindest generosity. Joy and Diana and the rest of the Bistro staff always make sure my drinks are full and my food is hot. Ryan and Henry are quick to respond if my room needs attention. If I could live in this hotel with this staff for the rest of my life, I would die a happy man. Read any other criticisms with a grain of salt. This is truly a wonderful hotel and deserves so much more recognition than I can provide. Sonita, the general manager, should be extremely proud of the staff that she has and the outstanding hotel that she provides to her customers.

Room Tip: Spend a little extra for a spa suite. Also, during the summer months, it's a little cooler on th...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Hi There,
Thank you for choosing our hotel for 6 months now and most especially for taking the time to share your experience . I am so pleased to hear that my team ( Lawana, Eric, Marissa, Chelsea, Joy,Diana, Henri and Ryan ) have provided you with the most accomodating lodging service in the Chester area. I am very poud of each one of them and could not be more happier that they are a part of what makes you stay with with us.
Thank you again and we look forward to continue serving you with your lodging needs.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Eric and Lawana were so helpful! First I forgot my shaving kit! I was out of Toothpaste and had no razors; they fixed me up so I was clean shavin for the morning meeting! They welcomed me home every day I came back to the Hotel! They made sure that I knew about all the local attractions and what restaurants had the best food and wine selections!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony room 105 is great!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Hi There,
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your lodging accomodations and most especially for taking the time to share with us your experience.
I do agree with you that "Lwana and Eric" Rock!!! they truly are a great asset to our company and couldn't be more prouder of the two of them for providing you the Best lodging accomodations while staying with us.
We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

On the positive side, this Courtyard is right off I-95. Also, the lobby has been remodeled to match what most Courtyards look like. However, the room I was assigned had not been redone, and it had a strange, musty smell to it. The room also had a humidity problem -- the air was so moist that my hands felt sticky. I was very glad to leave the hotel in the morning, and I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank sarah7038
chester800, General Manager at Courtyard Richmond Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Please accept my apology for the inconvenience you have encountered while staying with us due to musty smell in room. My team and I take great pride in ensuring that our guests have an excellent stay all the time and unfortunately we failed in this instance.

We would like to regain your strust and hope thay you would give us another chance in the near future. Please don't hesitate to contact me at 804-414-1010 if I may be of further assistance.

Sonita Segrest