“Down home comfort foods”
Review of Brock's Barbecue

Brock's Barbecue
Ranked #23 of 107 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 1 June 2013

My hubby and I get the itch to visit Brocks every now and then..... the buffet is good; love the veggies. We also love the warmth of the place, everyone is so nice and accommodating. I'm not crazy about the BBQ, but it's palatable and the cole slaw and hush puppies are very good. I think the buffet is a bit pricey on the weekends. This is a "regular-plain" folks kind of place and we always look forward to visiting Brocks for the buffet.

There are newer reviews for Brock's Barbecue

Reviewed 20 April 2013

I have been visiting Brock's when I travel to the Chester area for years. This last trip on 4/19/13 was a bit of a disappointment. I brought my better half, who'd never been there before, and really talked up the fried chicken. We ordered the buffet as always, which is a good value. Instead of fried chicken they had chopped chicken in some kind of sauce, and they no longer have hushpuppies on the buffet - they bring them out to you with dinner rolls. This is a small point, but it defeats the whole "all you can eat" thing if you have to ask for more.

Another item now missing from the buffet is the fruit cobbler that used to be a staple.

The pulled pork was good as always, the sides were fine (except for the mac & cheese, which had a bit of a crust). But I didn't leave as happy as in the past. I'll try again; hopefully this was just an off-night.

Reviewed 13 December 2012

The food is always great at Brock's. They have wide variety of menu items at a reasonable price. The lunch buffet is legendary and the people are extremely friendly and welcoming. Our company had them cater an event and it was excellent as well.

2  Thank Don B
Reviewed 25 October 2012

Brock's has been around for so long, very laid-back comfortable atmosphere, good buffet if you don't want to order from the menu, or just want to taste a little bit of everything, but they have the absolutely BEST fried chicken! Better than my hubby's southern grandman's, and that is saying ALOT! LOL.

Reviewed 10 September 2012

Excellent brisket, bbq chicken is nice change from the usual ! They also have a great buffet with many items. They serve lunch at my workplace on certain days and are always sold out if you wait to late to get your meal.

1  Thank Dizymaus