“Authentic, very pleasant, and delicious”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Narita Japanese Sushi Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 107 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed 30 July 2014

The food authentic and very very good. The restaurant is clean with a pleasant atmosphere. The people are polite and very nice. Try their 'Rivers Bend sushi roll' and their 'Spicy Tuna sushi roll'. We love their 'bento' dinners. They even served my warm 'sake' in the traditional Japanese ceramic cups. Richmond/Chesterfield has Japanese restaurants, but this one is probably more authentic than the rest of them.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

My wife is half Japanese and we live 5 minutes from the restaurant. Very overpriced and not authentic at all. Drive by every day but won;t be back!.

1  Thank Steve S
Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

It's ok but not worth any special effort or going out of your way. The food is good but the service is not!!

Reviewed 7 March 2013

Was not what I expected, but it was good what I tried. I am not into raw food, so it was not my choice. My son loved it.

Reviewed 6 March 2013

Narita is a little store front that you have to be looking for in order to find it. The sign does not pull people into the restaurant and that is just a shame.

Anyway, I stopped by just before the dinner rush on a Tuesday and the place was pretty empty. Maybe 3 or 4 tables with people. My guess is that there were alot of phone in orders, because the chefs were super busy. The single waitress was running all over the place by the time I left, but she was trying to be attentive.

The food was top notch. I tried a speciality roll and some individual sushi. It was all delicious. The prices were decent.

My only complaint would be that it took a long time to get food out from the kitchen. It is a very labor intensive business, so it really did take a long time. They sent out some complimentary edamame because of the wait.

My suggestion is that you go for the sushi, but bring a book and expect a bit of a wait.

Happy travels!