“Fantastic!”

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Chester
Eden, North Carolina
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed 9 November 2013

This place was off the hook. I had called other places in the area with no luck. I am corporate lodging and the places I called were either booked or something else. I was travelling back from Delaware after working third shift and needed to sleep before travelling the other 4 hours of an already 5 hour trip. This was around 5:15 in the morning. One place I called said my company would be charged for 2 nights instead of 1 since I would be checking in prior to 7:00 a.m.???? I said no way. So after having a really bad stay at the Country Inn and Suites in Fredericksburg, VA (I-95) I decided to try this anyway. Much to my surprise the wonderful woman who answered the phone said I only have suites left but come on anyway and we will take care of you and you will only be charged for one night. The room was wonderful and spacious and exactly what I needed for a few hours of much needed sleep. And they even had a music channel on TV! Super, super nice place. If I am ever in this area again I will definitely stay again! Super customer service. I got my points even though I'm the "dreaded" corporate lodging. Fantastic! Wish all hotels were this nice and this kind to the CLC folks. Kudos to you and yours. It's places like yours that my team of about 30 recommend to others who travel which brings business your way. A very, very happy camper!

Room Tip: I assume all the rooms are great.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Chester, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Dear sat1922,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We really appreciate all of your feedback. We are so glad that we could accommodate you. It is very important for us to try to do what is best for our guests. We really value all of our business travelers. We will pass this valuable feedback on to our staff. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Country Inn & Suites Chester

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Danville, Virginia
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I am very thankful for the way I am treated at the Country Inn and Suites in Chester ,Va. The staff go out of their way to make me feel welcomed and cared for while I am there. Shanisha, Victoria, Marlena and Saamel are absolutely wonderful. My room has always been very clean.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear 42Lisa52,

Thank you so much for telling us about your visit. We really are thankful for your valued feedback. Thank you so much for your comments about Shanisha, Victoria, Marlena, and Saamel. We will pass this wonderful feedback on to them. We value all feedback. We use this feedback to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better. Thank you for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

The staff at this hotel (especially Saalme) were helpful, kind & very friendly. I was able to bring my grandsons to the pool. The room was spacious, clean & very inviting. I will be using this facility again & will definitely recommend this to others.
My thanks for the entire staff for making my stay a great experience.
Lisa

Room Tip: I was on the 3rd floor- the elevator was clean, quick & worked well. I will just assume that t...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Chester, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Dear lisac1159,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We hope you enjoyed your family time in Chester. We are so glad that we could accommodate you, and your family. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. We appreciate your feedback. Thank you for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Zephyrhills, Florida
Reviewed 19 August 2013

My Dad and I stayed here and were happy with the cleanliness of the room and bathroom. The bathroom was well stocked with soap and shampoo as well as towels. The staff was very nice, friendly and helpful. The TV channels were excellent, always something on to watch. The breakfast in the morning was very good, with the exception of fresh oatmeal. Almost as good as one other Country Inn and Suites I've stayed in. You did offer a great selection of muffins, breads, juices, fruit etc...

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Chester, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Dear Steve Y,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We really appreciate all of your feedback. We are so happy that we could accommodate you, and your dad during your stay in Chester. We value all guest feedback. It allows us to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Got an unbeatable rate via hotwire, which is always a crap-shoot. Was pleasantly surprised. Great desk staff, check in was fast, cot request filled immediately and with a smile. Room was smallish but more than adequate for one night.

Yes there is only one elevator but it's just a 3-story hotel; too much whining on this site from people too fat and lazy to walk up a flight!

Breakfast was just fine; they ran out of few things but restocked immediately. Pool needed attention; was hazy.

Overall very positive impression, would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Chester, responded to this review, 18 August 2013
Dear AlejandroNorte,

Thank you for all of your feedback about the hotel. We really appreciate your comments. We will pass them on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing about their service. We will value all guest feedback. Thank you for your time. We hope that you will come see us again in the future.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We stayed here for one night. The room was fairly standard, but for the price it was an actual suite. I paid 90 dollars plus tax. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. It came with tvs in the bedroom and sitting area.

Breakfast was the usual fare, but it did include some hot items such as scrambled eggs and cubed ham. The hot items were not prepared to order, so they were not great, but they were a nice addition to the usual cold items. I think you could make your own waffle, but I did not.

The indoor pool was fairly standard, but I did appreciate that it was indoors. Virginia was very cool for August, to the point that I would have not used an outdoor pool that night.

The property is a little hard to spot from the road, but there is a sign.

The staff was pleasant. The room was large and clean, and I thought well priced. I do not expect to be back to Chester in the near future, but I would stay here again.

Dear jnhdrac,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We really appreciate all of your comments. Thank you for telling us concerns about the breakfast service. We are always trying to find ways to make this service better. Thank you for staying with us. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Haymarket, Virginia
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Checked in, proceeded to room number 3xx and began to exam it prior to bringing in my personal luggage. Room in general was suitable but not thoroughly cleaned as evident by photos numbered 1 thru 3. A sense of security was definitely lacking when the door security bolt had been sheared off and never replaced, photo number 4. Basic room amenities need some daily operational checks, photos 5 and 6. In the bathroom I found a linen string on the floor under the countertop, photo 7. Proceeded to take apart bed number one to find two different types of bugs, I attempted to take as clear a photo as possible but they were small approximately 5 mm in length making it challenging, photos 8 and 9. Examining bed number two was no better, photos 10 thru 14. Fortunately, there were NO bites found on my body the next morning. All I can say is that you make your own decision as to what the photographed bugs actually were is the condition of the room regarding cleanliness to your standards and can you personally accept paying hard earned money to reside in such an environment?

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Crystal L, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Chester, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
At the Country Inn & Suites Chester, we value all guest feedback. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay for all of our guests. We have reached out to this guest regarding the matter. We use all of guest feedback to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for future guests to the hotel. We will be working with this guest to resolve this issue in some way. We value the feedback that our guests continue to provide on Trip Advisor