“Great Italian for a small town restaurant”

Cesare's Ristorante & Pizzeria
Ranked #19 of 107 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Hopewell
“Great Italian for a small town restaurant”
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Went there tonight with my husband and two friends; asked for a quiet table as my husband is hard of hearing and a loud atmosphere can make dining out miserable for him. We were graciously given a booth towards the back of the room with no tables behind or beside us. I had the seared scallops over risotto at $19.50 and they were fresh, plump and delicious. My husband got the 10" mini pizza with three vegetable toppings and ate every morsel. The friends also cleaned their plates. The wine is about $20 per bottle, very average wine but very average prices as well; they are not trying to gouge with the liquor. This is not the finest Italian dining in the world, but we are in the small town of Chester, so pretty darn good is pretty darn good. Just so you know, this is not a pizza joint you'd take all the kids on the soccer team to, although the pizza is very good. This is a couples/friends/business type of place.

• Visited June 2013

Punta Gorda, Florida
“Trying one last time.............pizza this time.”
Reviewed 19 June 2013

We have tried this TWO times......cons: the bartendar is also one of the waiters...doesn't know how to make "good" drinks.......the COSMO didn't even taste like a cosmo, beer is your best bet there. He was trying to wait on us. one other person at the bar, and approx. 4 tables at the same time...running back and forth and making everyone uneasy......and I might add that the owner was watching and could care less, was nonresponsive to any of this. The bar was a mess with boxes, etc. all behind it and was totally uncomfortable.
The food....it was ok....nothing out of the "ordinary"....I think they have the market on it because there really isn't too many italian restaurants around, besides, pizza hut, cici's, etc.
We are going to try this one last time and see what happens.....I am crossing my fingers. Since we are "new" to the area it was a big disappointment for us.....we might just need to contact some of our friends in other states who own italian restaurants to come here and open up....it would be so worth their while....and income.

Visited June 2013
chester
“pizza fabulous”
Reviewed 15 June 2013

excellent service, excellent food this is not a delivery pizza place, you come treated like family and enjoy

Visited June 2013
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Brits Abroad”
Reviewed 20 May 2013

We stayed at the Hampton Inn down the road and were looking for something local and likely to be good and straightforward at the end of a drive up from Charlotte, NC. Quick search on TripAdvisor and Hey Presto!!!

Cesare's gave us good Italian food and efficient, friendly service. I also enjoyed a good draft beer from the bar. The menu is familiar to anyone liking Italian food and as we come from Bedford, UK we are well used to good food provided by a large Italian community.

Well worth the drive round to get to it. I'd recommend it!

I

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Simon C
Richmond, va
“One of the neighborhood favorites!”
Reviewed 17 May 2013

Everything is always great. My favorite is the linguine with red clam sauce...to die for! Always clean...great atmosphere and tons of dishes to choose from. The veal is outstanding!

• Visited April 2013