Assateague Inn
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Chincoteague Island
See available hotels
Days Inn Chincoteague Island(Chincoteague Island)
Dove Winds(Chincoteague Island)
Refuge Inn(Chincoteague Island)
Chincoteague Inn(Chincoteague Island)
View Hotel
Best Western Chincoteague Island(Chincoteague Island)
View Hotel
Sea Hawk Motel(Chincoteague Island)
  • Pool
Rodeway Inn(Chincoteague Island)
View Hotel
Sea Shell Motel(Chincoteague Island)
View Hotel
My Lighthouse Inn(Chincoteague Island)
View Hotel
All reviewsseparate bedroomcrabcleaning staffwalking distancedocksuitechincoteaguewetlandsfurnishingsefficiencycondorates
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 September 2010

For so many reasons I was not at all interested in going ANYWHERE on vacation. The Chinccoteague area was recommended to us along with the Assateague Inn. We had booked a room, which we were luckily able to change to a suite when we arrived, which was well worth the extra money. The rooms are on the side of the building so there is no view and no porch to relax on. The suites are clean and adequate. The kitchen great for breakfast and lunch. We found the manager and employees very friendly but not overly so. We were there as hurricane Earl was approaching and felt secure in how Ruthanne and a former employee Jimmy kept us informed and comfortable. We were given weather updates, flash-lights, candles and matches. This is not a 5 star hotel but it is comfortable and clean and so close to all the beauty and nature of Assateague Island. I returned from my trip happy, relaxed and wishing that I could have stayed even longer.
p.s. be sure to take a cruise around the island with Captain Dan.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mcminder
Reviewed 6 September 2010

My 3 year old son and I stayed for two nights in a bedroom suite with kitchenette. My son slept in the bedroom in a full-size crib I brought, I slept on the living room couch bed. Good location, not far from the bridge to Assateague Island with the beach, lighthouse, wildlife loop, etc. The kitchenette was functional, although the half-size refrigerator was not ideal for items like milk containers (good thing we only bought a 1/2 gallon of milk). There was some rain while we were there, and the driveway area had a lot of deep puddles afterward and the pool was closed for the rest of the day. It would be nice if the motel upgraded the access area from the main road to make it more bicycle-friendly and not have deep puddles after rain. It would be nice if the motel took steps to keep the pool in operation after rain. It was late in the season so there was no shortage of mosquitoes, unfortunately. Still, I'm glad we went there, it was my son's first visit to Chincoteague, and he enjoyed seeing the ponies, herons, etc. Wireless Internet access worked fine with a Linux laptop. The motel has a private dock, and people were catching crabs there (not our thing, we are vegetarians). We did like walking out to the dock to see what was going on.

1  Thank Leeskibike
Reviewed 23 August 2010

For what I didn't pay to stay, I was very pleased. Very clean and everyone was just lovely. Will definately stay here when I return for the pony swim in Jul.

Reviewed 14 August 2010

So glad I booked this after reading good reviews! This is a great inn - great friendly staff, quiet, views, location and value. Great to have the suite with a separate bedroom & kitchenette when traveling with young children. The pier is fun for watching the ducks in the morning. Very clean!! Didn't use the pool but it looked clean too.

Reviewed 12 August 2010

I stayed here with my wife and two children in August 2010. Overall this place was fine, however given the reviews we were disappointed and, if we ever return to Assateague, would try somewhere else.

We stayed in an "efficiency suite" with separate bedroom and living room/kitchen with pull-out sofa for the kids. We were disappointed with how the room was furnished: there was no DVD player (not every room has one), no alarm clock, no A/C in the bedroom, and the kitchen was not very well stocked. Nothing terrible, but we were expecting better (and were especially disappointed in the kitchen, since we were counting on cooking all our meals).

Several others have commented on how nice the owner is. We had a neutral experience: again, no complaints, but given several glowing reviews we wondered what the fuss was all about.

On the positive side, the pool here was fantastic (the inn provided pool toys for the kids to use) and the free wireless was an added bonus.