“Great view cheap price” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Inlet View Campground

Inlet View Campground
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chincoteague Island
Inlet View Campground
“Great view cheap price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

Booked 2 night stay for a weekend We made reservation before reading reviews for campground but very glad we came here campground is rundown but got a great site with the best view ever and met some of the most wonderful people during our short stay Planing to come back soon If you do not mind some bug bites and get over the run down campers in the campground this is a good place to come we really enjoyed our stau

• Stayed August 2013

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

Rip-off!!! Exercise due diligence and heed the bad reviews. It is the same management for the past 40+ yrs who wants your money and could care less about you or your experience there. They rely on the availability of one-time suckers to steal deposits. Don't be deluded into thinking ANYTHING has changed in 40+ yrs except for the deteriorating conditions. If this dump is considered 'acceptable' to your standards then you clearly live in filth and squalor with a lack of regard for personal health. As with the camp itself the pics posted with the owner's advertisements on other web sites are dated and not truly representative. The owner can't afford to run the place, let alone fix anything or clean it up. If you take kids there (even though I can't imagine why you would...) please do not let them out of your sight since the owner has to rent to low-life undesirables to pay the bills. As with the Assateague beaches the shoreline has eroded but the camp owner has managed it (not so much...) with jagged, rough boulders of blacktop and concrete that appear to be road debris. No safe water access at all...no boat ramps, no fishing piers/docks, no beach, no safe places for kids to play except maybe the water-soaked 'tenters' field between building labeled the bathhouse and the collection of dilapidated trailers. Only one thing is certain...total disappoinment, unless you have exceptionally low expectations.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
12 Thank FreedomFromHarm

Travellers are raving about these Chincoteague Island hotels

Watertown, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012

I read the reviews AFTER I booked. Decided to take a chance and trust the ones that were more positive but truthful about what to expect. I am VERY glad we went. Warning!!! Inlet View is NOT for you if you are a diva and obsessed with perfection. Folks that CAMP will love the opportunity to be ON the water for a very reasonable price. If you want luxury do spend three times more at a B&B or Hotel. Nicest people you want to meet at this campground from the folks camping to the staff the owner Louise is a lovely sweet woman. We rented a trailer feet from the Inlet with a nice dock to fish from. The trailer was very acceptable for CAMPING (plus a bargain so close to water) The pool was quite clean in our experience. The beach at Assoteague was beautiful as well. One warning, bring bug spray, the were some mosquito's about ONE night!! Trust me if you are used to roughing a bit at a campground and want to experience camping right on the water GO FOR Inlet View!!!

Room Tip: Ask for water view!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank mnfishing2
pa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

Web-site is completely outdated and misleading. We booked a cabin for 2 nights. What we found was gross. An old dirty orange pull out in the same room as a double bed, soft floors, wholes in walls, ant traps, water heater almost falling threw floor, surrounded by nasty campers, a broken pier, pool that didn't look maintained, sewage dump station- nasty. We looked all around the island and couldnt find a single available room, we were forced to stay one night and then immediately packed up and left the next morning to a clean hotel room. I canceled my check for the second night and told them we would never be back because of how dirty and gross this place was. The dock that was there had no railings, no lights. the other big dock was broken and unsafe. Cats everywhere. The office staff was rude. I was not expecting a 5star experience but what we found was not acceptable. Absolutely ruined the first day and a half of my "vacation". Stay far far away from this place- of you'll be feeling itchy as I did when I left, a shower never felt so good, I even bagged up all of our bedding and clothes and tied them off to keep them separate until they could go straight to the wash. Gross.

Room Tip: Far away from Inlet View
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank ashley s
Hubertus, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

Our family of 4 booked a cabin at Inlet View Campground for four days during the week of pony penning this past July. From the website you would think this would be a nice campground. The photos are very misleading. The campground is an eye soar. It is run down and not taken care of. Many old campers on lots, broken piers, ferral cats, nasty bathhouses, etc.Needless to say after two days I was completely disgusted and not able to sleep either of the nights. Our cabin was full of spiders when we arrived and so that was first on the list to take care, which my husband did so graciously. At night the ants came to visit and it wasn't just one or two, it was hundreds! We couldn't leave anything on the floor or any food out. Our faucet in the bathroom constantly dripped and so did the shower head. The beds were horribly uncomfortable. The only nice thing about the cabin was that the toilet looked new. The refridgerator did not work properly and froze all of our food and drink within a day at the medium setting. This became more and more frustrating. On day 3 the pool broke and therefore the kids weren't able to swim which was a huge disappointment. We were told they had to wait for a pump but that it would be back up and running the next day. Which come to find out it wasn't. At this point we were done and requested a refund for the next two nights but were denied it. The office staff and owner have very poor customer service and even hung the phone up on me twice. We have camped all over WI and even several other states and we have NEVER had this type of experience. Inlet View should be ashamed of themselves and their false advertising. They should be held to the standards of the rest of the island.
Do NOT stay here! You can find better on the island. We did!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank PAJ71
Wheeling, West Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012

I've visited Chincoteague many times over the years but this was the first family vacation with my daughter, son-in-law and their 4 kids. This was also the first time staying at Inlet View. We were on a budget yet needed something large enough to accommodate us all and Inlet View was the only option I could find that met those criteria, having an affordable 3 bedroom mobile home that we rented for a week. It was larger than I expected and had a deck/porch that went from the front around one side to the door. My rating on this review is an average of what I thought and my impression of averaging what I thought the other 3 adults thought but the rest is just me. To me, there are two sides to Chincoteague - the real or native Chincoteague and the modern touristy developments I've seen pop up over the last 35 years that I've visited here. If you want the modern, more immaculate type lodgings, then you will find Inlet View substandard or maybe worse. Inlet View is more like a community. There are rentals and short-term vacationers but my impression is that most either live here or this is their warm weather home. As such, folks have put their personal touches on their homes/sites. There are some run-down sights but for the most part I found it a quaint place with some personality and I daily enjoyed riding my bike around the sandy roadways looking at the properties and the kids highly enjoyed riding around it, too. One end is against the inlet (this is the very southern end of Chincoteague Island) with a fine view including an island where birds hang out and grassy marsh and then to the east you can see the southern tip of Assateague Island and the ocean way out. It is a relatively small area that's not rental sites but there is a picnic table to sit and look and at low tide, you can pick your way down the low rocky bank to a narrow sandy/rocky strip. The kids enjoyed this a lot as there are big clam shells to collect along with others. We also happened to be there when a resident caught a good-sized flouder from the bank and they got to see that close up. Almost any whelk or snail type shell will have a living inhabitant. There are several types of seaweeds with tiny crabs living on them, small clams attached to the rocks, etc., etc. If your timing is right, you can see dolphins from there. This was my favorite spot in the campground and I spent time there sometimes more than once a day. Curtis Merrit Marina is along the western side of the campground so you can also watch the fishing and other boats coming and going. If you go on a fishing charter that leaves from there, super convenient.
Down a street called Sunset, there is marsh on the other side and an area where colonies of little crabs have holes right up to the street. Stand still a minute and they will all come out and you can watch them eating, sparring and working on their tunnels. Take a 5-minute walk or bike ride to the marina and you can sit out on the very end of the dock watching the view and enjoying the breeze as well as looking at the boats and the turtles that will come up for a look to see if you are cleaning fish and going to throw scraps to them. If you are an artsy type person, there are many appealing scenes to Inlet View. Now, back to the more practical stuff. I was told the mobile home was new as of the past winter and after seeing some bad reviews on the campground after reserving, called for some reassurance and was told the mobile home was fine. It turned out it was a new addition as a rental but not a new mobile home. This said, you could find places here and there with wear or aged looking but it was done up homey looking and was overall pleasant. Nice closet space, full sized beds, and comes with the dishes and such needed to cook. The air conditioning was two window units - one in the master bedroom and one in the living room. It was in the high '90's/low 100's when we were there and we had to thaw ice out every other day on the bedroom unit and we used two fans (ours) to help cool the other two bedrooms. There were small ants which we dealt with on our own but a couple other problems mentioned to the management were dealt with promptly. With there being so many of us and one bathroom, we sometimes also used the campground showerhouse nearby. Not pristine but having been in many campgrounds over the years, I much appreciated the little changing room space with bench and several hang-up hooks that went with the showers. Nice swimming pool. It seems like a lot of the folks are retired folks that stay long-term, neighbors were pleasant and place was quiet overall. There are a lot of feral cats that will get into your garbage put out for collection - management seems to take come care of them but they can be seen everywhere. My personal bent is I'm more of a camper, enjoying a nice tent and a more private site so some things that would really put some people off I can can easily take in stride but I would not rate Inlet View as terrible by any means and I'd have no problem recommending it to anyone who doesn't expect popular chain hotel type standards for lodging. If was tent camping, I'd go elsewhere (I didn't see any tents here) but under similar circumstances as this trip, I'd have no problem renting this same unit again. As to location, it is away from the hustle and bustle and as far from the beach as you can be on this small island but close to fishing charters - depending on your preferences, this can be both an advantage or a disadvantage.

Room Tip: This was unit A-10
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank campingrandma
chincoteague
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2012

I visted the campground in the winter...Not a wholesome sight! I had heard improvements had been made and would continue to be made. I did see quite a difference. Many of the rusting, delapidated, scary looking shanty 'homes' had been removed. It is my understanding that more of the long term places are going to be removed, to make way for additional short-term camping. That said, I talked to a family that was camping there recently. There comment about the place was, 'The Place Sure Does Look Different Than The Pictures, If You Know What I Mean'! Yeppers, I think that I do. Sadly enough. However, at least owners are moving in the right direction..... Improving things, rather than continuing to have a blind eye to the decay, disrepair, and unsafe conditions. They have a long way to go, but wish them luck.....for everyones sake.

Stayed June 2012, travelled solo