“I'm glad we only slept and showered here”

Inlet View Campground
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chincoteague Island
Inlet View Campground
San Jose, California
“I'm glad we only slept and showered here”
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed in what we thought was a cottage(it's what the online picture showed) but paid for a cabin which was $20 more. We unpack our stuff and find a swarm of ants and couldn't figure out why until we looked under the bed and see a rotten piece of banana within arms length. The next morning we see we have no hot water. The plumbing here is horrendous. Spend a few extra bucks and stay at a B&B or a hotel.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Nikki C

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Maryland
Reviewed 23 June 2014

From the online website I was looking forward to a weekend on the water camping and fishing; what I got was horrible rundown conditions in a bug infested cesspool... I left before the sunset on the first day, they refused to give me a refund..and I stayed the weekend at Tom's Cove. Buildings are crumbling down everywhere, even their sign has fallen apart.. There is junk everywhere including in the Marsh which has become a breeding ground for mosquitos and smells horrible, rotten dicks and rusty nails everywhere! I booked a water front spot and after setting up realized my spot was actually the public fishing dock... they never mentioned this, and after realizing there would be 20 plus people five feet from my tent all day and night I asked to be moved and was told they had nothing else available even though half the campground was empty. They refused me a refund but I left anyway. The conditions are horrible and the people are rude.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank berowler

Travellers are raving about these Chincoteague Island hotels

Hampton, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

This place was absolutely horrible. The camp sites are the size of postage stamps to and the place is horribly crowded. Everyone is literally on top of each other. I made it very clear when I called that I had a big group(6 people) with 2 cars and needed space and they not one word about the fact that they really couldn't accomidate us. When we complained about the size of the site the woman at the desk instantly turned on an attitude and while we were taking took a phone call. Then she told me too bad about the site refused to refund our money. This place is beyond horrible. DO NOT GO HERE!!!

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Laura D
Saint Marys, Kansas
Reviewed 31 August 2013

We had heard that the place was sold but if it is it doesn't look like they did anything to improve it. the bathrooms and shower were clean but they were a llittle scary. The floor by the shower felt like it was just going to cave in. The little dock right by where we camped was seriously falling apart and was rather dangerous. Some people who were in a trailer next to us told us that the owners refused to do anything about it. The view was awesome and the sunsets were spectacular but I don't think I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

Booked 2 night stay for a weekend We made reservation before reading reviews for campground but very glad we came here campground is rundown but got a great site with the best view ever and met some of the most wonderful people during our short stay Planing to come back soon If you do not mind some bug bites and get over the run down campers in the campground this is a good place to come we really enjoyed our stau

• Stayed August 2013
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Rip-off!!! Exercise due diligence and heed the bad reviews. It is the same management for the past 40+ yrs who wants your money and could care less about you or your experience there. They rely on the availability of one-time suckers to steal deposits. Don't be deluded into thinking ANYTHING has changed in 40+ yrs except for the deteriorating conditions. If this dump is considered 'acceptable' to your standards then you clearly live in filth and squalor with a lack of regard for personal health. As with the camp itself the pics posted with the owner's advertisements on other web sites are dated and not truly representative. The owner can't afford to run the place, let alone fix anything or clean it up. If you take kids there (even though I can't imagine why you would...) please do not let them out of your sight since the owner has to rent to low-life undesirables to pay the bills. As with the Assateague beaches the shoreline has eroded but the camp owner has managed it (not so much...) with jagged, rough boulders of blacktop and concrete that appear to be road debris. No safe water access at all...no boat ramps, no fishing piers/docks, no beach, no safe places for kids to play except maybe the water-soaked 'tenters' field between building labeled the bathhouse and the collection of dilapidated trailers. Only one thing is certain...total disappoinment, unless you have exceptionally low expectations.

• Stayed August 2012
12 Thank FreedomFromHarm
Watertown, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 September 2012

I read the reviews AFTER I booked. Decided to take a chance and trust the ones that were more positive but truthful about what to expect. I am VERY glad we went. Warning!!! Inlet View is NOT for you if you are a diva and obsessed with perfection. Folks that CAMP will love the opportunity to be ON the water for a very reasonable price. If you want luxury do spend three times more at a B&B or Hotel. Nicest people you want to meet at this campground from the folks camping to the staff the owner Louise is a lovely sweet woman. We rented a trailer feet from the Inlet with a nice dock to fish from. The trailer was very acceptable for CAMPING (plus a bargain so close to water) The pool was quite clean in our experience. The beach at Assoteague was beautiful as well. One warning, bring bug spray, the were some mosquito's about ONE night!! Trust me if you are used to roughing a bit at a campground and want to experience camping right on the water GO FOR Inlet View!!!

Room Tip: Ask for water view!