“It's a campground, expect a campground.”

Inlet View Campground
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chincoteague Island
Inlet View Campground
Alexandria, Virginia
“It's a campground, expect a campground.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

My friend and I camped here during pony swim week. We were offered a great waterfront campsite. The view was gorgeous. We watched the sunset from the picnic table at our site and even had a dolphin visitor swim by. We tent camped, so I can't comment on the RV rentals, but I have no complaints about our experience. I forgot to grab a roll of toilet paper before I left my house, but as we discovered much to my surprise, there was a bath house not far from our site that was stocked with toilet paper and the toilets appeared relatively clean. I never go to any campground with high expectations because, well, it's a campground, not the Marriott. The campers and locals were exceptionally friendly and so were the campground personnel. So bottom line, bring a tent, a sense of humor, and have fun.

Stayed August 2014
6 Thank Kerry H

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one evening with another couple (who had actually booked the trailer for 2 nights and had already been there for one before we arrived).

Now, I would like to start this by saying that I religiously check TripAdvisor before booking/staying anywhere so that I have some kind of an idea of what I'm getting myself into... I looked this place up immediately after I was given the name of where we would be staying. So, after reading about other reviewers' experiences, I was not particularly looking forward to our stay here. But, for the sake of my friends, I intended on making the best of it. I figured since I knew ahead of time what to expect, I could show up prepared and have it not be too bad of an experience... right?

Nope.

Once we found the trailer (after driving through a maze of mobile homes), we parked and began to bring our things inside. I was immediately grateful for the amount of bug spray and citronella candles I packed; tons of mosquitoes, flies, etc (which was to be expected considering the location). Once inside, I was greeted with that musky "old" smell, which perfectly matched the trailer's interior. One look at the carpet and I knew I wouldn't be taking my flip-flops off.

Down a very, very narrow hallway were 2 "bedrooms," both containing twin sized beds. The beds took up about 85% of the space in either room, another 10% being taken up by very dusty small dressers. Talk about claustrophobic. I attempted to turn the lights on in room #1 and was unsuccessful. I was unsuccessful in room #2, as well. Tried plugging the lamps into different outlets. No luck. I then noticed an extension cord leading from the bathroom into the bedroom at the end of the hall (which my friends were staying in)... This is when I was informed that THE ELECTRICITY WAS OFF IN ALL OF THE BEDROOMS (which no one came out to fix). The rooms were also on the opposite side of the only AC unit in the trailer, and had no type of air circulation (we couldn't open the windows for whatever reason), so it felt like they were about 200 degrees at all times. The flashlight I had to use to maneuver around in the dark illuminated the thick wall of dust in the air (which my allergies didn't let me forget about). Bizarre stains and holes all over the walls and ceilings. The beds did not have sheets, just a dirty looking bedspread covering the "mattress." I took the pillowcase off of the provided pillow and immediately dropped both of them after noticing the lovely array of yellow stains. Thankfully I brought my own linens and pillows!

The bathroom was located at the end of the hall and had a door that didn't close. When I say "didn't close," I don't mean that we couldn't keep it closed or that it didn't lock... I mean we literally could not shut the bathroom door. I don't know if it was because something was warped or what, but the door didn't fit in the frame and the only thing preventing it from swinging open while you were inside was the lock chain... That still left the door hanging open by about 3-4 inches, allowing for a great view of the bathroom mirror (and the reflection of whoever happened to be inside). But hey, who needs privacy when they're using the bathroom? It wasn't particularly dirty, but I still felt like I was better off leaving my sandals on.

The kitchen area was functional but I didn't feel comfortable using anything that was provided (toaster, hot plate) without thoroughly cleaning it... The inside of the fridge/freezer looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a while, but everything worked fine.

There were lots of dusty cobwebs and spiders in every corner of the trailer and we were combating flies throughout the night. Didn't see any ants on the inside (as another reviewer mentioned), but there were tons on the little deck at the trailer entrance.

All in all, spending the night there left me feeling dirty and I was absolutely ecstatic when it was time to leave in the morning! I'm just glad I was somewhat prepared (thank you, other reviewers!), otherwise I'm not sure I would have made it through the night. The campground itself is in a decent location and if the trailer had been clean and totally functioning it wouldn't have been that bad... But, it wasn't. If I wanted to sleep somewhere that was dirty and didn't have electricity, I would have just stayed in a tent (which actually probably would have been cleaner). It wasn't funny at the time, but I'm laughing about it now. Needless to say, we won't be coming back!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
10 Thank A1M38L

Travellers are raving about these Chincoteague Island hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Had a blast camping here! The locals were super nice - gave us firewood for free. It's a campground people! The fact that it has a bathhouse is great! Close to a boat launch - we took our waverunner out to a little sand island. Had a great time! There is a pool (I didn't use it, but the wife did) no issues with it.

Not sure why all the bad reviews? Unless people are expecting a hotel?

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Eric B
Seaford, Delaware, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

I have read several reviews and my family and I come to stay here every summer. You know this place may not be the taj mahal but it is a quaint little place to stay and isn't as hussle bussle as the other places you can stay at. Everyone complains about the looks and whatever well if you want fancy then stay somewhere fancy. You are camping and this place fits the bill and not to mention Louise, Eddie and Louise's daughter have always been so nice to us. So all the nay sayers stay elsewhere if you can't handle a few negative things. Can't beat the sunrises and sunsets here though and my family will continue to come to Inlet View and even plan on buying our own trailer and putting it in here.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Laurie B
San Jose, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed in what we thought was a cottage(it's what the online picture showed) but paid for a cabin which was $20 more. We unpack our stuff and find a swarm of ants and couldn't figure out why until we looked under the bed and see a rotten piece of banana within arms length. The next morning we see we have no hot water. The plumbing here is horrendous. Spend a few extra bucks and stay at a B&B or a hotel.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Nikki C
Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

From the online website I was looking forward to a weekend on the water camping and fishing; what I got was horrible rundown conditions in a bug infested cesspool... I left before the sunset on the first day, they refused to give me a refund..and I stayed the weekend at Tom's Cove. Buildings are crumbling down everywhere, even their sign has fallen apart.. There is junk everywhere including in the Marsh which has become a breeding ground for mosquitos and smells horrible, rotten dicks and rusty nails everywhere! I booked a water front spot and after setting up realized my spot was actually the public fishing dock... they never mentioned this, and after realizing there would be 20 plus people five feet from my tent all day and night I asked to be moved and was told they had nothing else available even though half the campground was empty. They refused me a refund but I left anyway. The conditions are horrible and the people are rude.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank berowler
Hampton, Virginia, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

This place was absolutely horrible. The camp sites are the size of postage stamps to and the place is horribly crowded. Everyone is literally on top of each other. I made it very clear when I called that I had a big group(6 people) with 2 cars and needed space and they not one word about the fact that they really couldn't accomidate us. When we complained about the size of the site the woman at the desk instantly turned on an attitude and while we were taking took a phone call. Then she told me too bad about the site refused to refund our money. This place is beyond horrible. DO NOT GO HERE!!!

• Stayed May 2014