“Good Old Fashioned Ice Cream Parlor”

Muller's Old Fashioned Ice Cream Parlour
Price range: US$3 - US$10
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
York PA
“Good Old Fashioned Ice Cream Parlor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

The ice cream was delicious and they have gone to great lengths to give you that hometown 1900's atmosphere. They were just about ready to close when our group of 15 came in. They waited until we were done to close up for the night.
Next time I will try the Root Beer Float!

• Visited June 2014

“Quaint!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

A nice step into the past! Delicious ice cream, and they sell hot sauce in the store directly behind them! Great experience

Clyde
“Good Ice Cream”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Parlor definitely had "old fashioned" feel..decorated accordingly. Ice cream was very good with lots of choices and generous portions..

Visited June 2014
Audubon, Pennsylvania
“Don't bother”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

The house must have been nice in its heyday but for now it's just a scary worn down building. The people who own/ work there are miserable. The written sign at the beginning of the line says something to the effect of, if you drop your ice cream we won't give you another one. Nice.
The ice cream is nothing special. Not worth the trip.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Karen H
Boise, Idaho
“A Truly Horrifying Experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

I came to this establishment expecting delicious old-fashioned ice cream; what I received instead was a nightmarish experience. My family and I stopped in Chincoteague on our way to North Carolina and decided to visit Muller’s because one of the owners was actually my Middle school English teacher. She had promised free ice cream to any student who made the trip from PA to VA. From the outside, the shop had a quaint and inviting atmosphere. This illusion was shattered upon entering the building. I told the slightly unfriendly woman behind the counter that I was a former student of the owner and asked if she would like to come and say hi. Not only did she refuse to come downstairs, we did not receive free ice cream as promised. This turn of events sent me spiraling into a depression that lasted the entire day. Choking back tears, I ordered a cone of overpriced store-bought ice cream, which had mostly melted after ten minutes. The elderly woman rocking in her chair on the porch introduced herself as my teacher’s mother. Clearly the matriarch of the family, she took it upon herself to guard the establishment and suck the joy out of any child within ten feet of her perch. As we were leaving, my uncle examined the fig tree in the front yard. Suddenly, a shrill squawk rang out from the porch: “Stop picking the figs!” We fled, fearing for our lives. These events, which transpired more than five years ago, continue to haunt my entire family; this is a tale that shall be passed along through the generations. I warn any traveler who happens to pass by Chincoteague: do not visit this establishment.

• Visited June 2013