“Muller's Old Fashioned Ice Cream Parlour - Wonderful!!”

Muller's Old Fashioned Ice Cream Parlour
Price range: US$3 - US$10
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed 24 July 2014

My family and I have been vacationing on Chincoteague Island for at least 25 years. A trip to Muller's for ice cream has become an evening ritual. We just returned from a week on the Island and made a trip every day, some days two trips for ice cream. We have watched the owners' two boys grow up (one is now 37, and the other is 34). We always have a good time talking to them about the goings-ons since we saw them last summer. The house used to be a funeral parlor and there are stories that it is haunted. Nonetheless, I have to get my ice cream fix every time I visit the Island.

1  Thank Judith H

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Unique in that the parlor is within an old home. Old timey root beer keg and milkshake machine. Diverse flavors of ice cream. Reasonable portion sizes.

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

The ice cream is not homemade. It tastes good, but like it was purchased wholesale like most other ice cream places. The plastic spoons they give you to eat your desert are not strong enough eat ice cream with. They snap.

The service was very rude, the man at the cashier was more interested in being a comedian than hearing our order.

I also think that $8.00 for two small scoops of ice cream is unbelievable!

Try the other ice cream places on the island.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

a quaint little parlour to visit and see some history behind the house that is now the ice cream place. Decorated in victorian-style. GREAT ice cream & treats!! This is located downtown on Main Street across from the Vol. FIre Company.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I expected better. They advertise a peach sundae, noting that it is made with tree ripened peaches. I ordered it and found that peach component of the sundae was abundant, but not fully ripe; it was a bit hard. I had assumed that the ice cream would be homemade in a place like this, but it was not. They use the same commercial brands you can find in your supermarket. The owners were pleasant, and the rooms in which you can eat your ice cream are very attractive. It is an old house and full of memorabilia.