“Too Expensive”

Price range: US$3 - US$10
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed 1 July 2009

This place is too expensive for the island. Try Island Creamery if you want a treat that is worth it.

Reviewed 4 June 2009

I took my grandaughter in for a dish of ice cream, paid the lady owner, the man dipped it up, started to hand it to me and the lady at the cash register said " that is too much, take some of that off", which he did....I will never go back or will any of my family. We visit every year and go to the Island Creamery.

Reviewed 16 May 2009

We used to go here every year we came at least once. And they are still a good ice cream parlor and I like the old-time atmosphere. But I've noticed the last 2 years that the prices have gone up substantially. The prices are for great ice cream- not good.
I've decided I'm not going back this year. Their prices need to drop a little.

Reviewed 5 March 2009

This is an authentic old time ice cream parlour in a real victorian house. I honestly didn't believe places like this existed any more. It is like a stepping back in time. I would recommend it just for the experience but the Ice Cream is wonderful! I wish I chose my wife's dish. She had a dish of hand scooped peaches and cream topped with real sliced peaches. WOW! I had a root beer float from a REAL old fashion root beer barrel! The place is also supposed to be haunted so watch out for ghosts! I don't now what the other reviewer was talking about. The prices are clearly marked and a bargain. If you want a an authentic old fashioned ice cream parlour experience and some great ice cream this place is for you. You will enjoy this!

3  Thank NJ2Virginia
Reviewed 26 October 2008

I am really glad to see this joint listed for reviews. In August of 2008 we spent six days on Chincoteague and I have reviewed most of the restaraunts and the hotel where we stayed. Muellers was approx. 2 blocks from the Comfort Inn where we stayed.

We had ice cream at the Island Creamery at least twice and waited in long lines each time. The lines moved quickly and the wait staff wa very efficient. The portions were good and the prices were fantastic. That explains the line up for ice cream.

The night before we were leaving for home we decided to walk to Muellers for a cone. No lines, maybe 2-3 people ahead of us. Both my wife and I looked at the menu to see what flavors they offered and the prices. Upon ordering I noticed the portions were very small (barely covered the hole in the top of the cone).

When I went to pay , the owner quoted $4.00 more than was printed on the sign on the wall. I questioned him about this and his reply was " this is special icecream and you can't get it at those prices". He was referring to the flavor my wife had ordered as a special blend and he had to charge more! We never figured out what was special about it and didn't want to make a scene so we just left hoping to get this opportunity to spout off.

Do yourself a favor and go to the Island Creamery where you get what you pay for and more.

1  Thank twlwaldenberg