“First Time Flounder Fishing and Caught Flounder!”

Island Queen Inland Charters, LLC
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Welcome to Chincoteague's Island Queen Charters. We hope that you find our Chincoteague fishing charters and cruises to your liking. Captain Charlie resides on Chincoteague being a native of the Eastern Shore. He is no stranger to saltwater fishing. With 35 years experience on the waters around Island. Captain Charlie knows where and when the fish are biting. We are a fully equipped charter service that as the capability to supply everyone, from the expert to the novice.Fishing times are:8:00 am - 12:00 pm or can be customized.I am USCG Licensed, inspected and insured!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“First Time Flounder Fishing and Caught Flounder!”
Reviewed 28 June 2011

Took the afternoon fishing trip with 2 pre-teen boys and got to experience flounder fishing for the first time. Chose the Island Queen for the pontoon boat stability, great recommendations and the fact the boat had some shade! Can't imagine being on a boat for 4 hours without protection from the sun. Glad I brought my camera to get photos of the scenary, the fish and the large fishing boats as they passed.

While the fishing conditions were tough, flouder fishing was very different from the freshwater fishing my children were used to and it took a while for them to learn the techniques to get the fish on the hook. Capt Charlie worked hard to get us on the fish and did everything he could, including catching some himself, to prove they were there!

My kids and I enjoyed the trip, enjoyed the Captain's company and caught fish! All poles and bait were provided and the captain took care of releasing the fish, rebaiting the hooks, always looking for the best spots to catch some fish and ensuring we were safe the entire time. Can't ask for much more!

Baltimore, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Capt. Charlie knows where the fish are and how to get them!”
Reviewed 23 June 2011

We had a group of four fisherman and with Captain Charlie's help, they all caught between 3-6 fish a piece and we took home enough flounder filets for two meals. We went out of the early trip 8a-12noon which seemed to be a popular time for fishing. The boat was nothing fancy, but rustic comfort and exactly what we needed for the flounder fishing we did. I would take a sweatshirt for the early part of the trip even in the summer the breeze can be chilly. Make sure you tip the captain, especially if he cleans your fish for you (which i highly recommend!).

1 Thank nbj08
Lincoln, Nebraska
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Had a fantastic time with Capt. Charlie”
Reviewed 19 June 2011

Had a lot of fun. Capt. Charlie is very knowledgable and professional. I went with two teenage grandsons and he worked hard to find us fish. We were on a half day morning trip and would definitely go again. I look forward to next summer's vacation and more fishing with Capt. Charlie..

1 Thank JoeLinks
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun time flounder fishing”
Reviewed 9 June 2011

My girlfriend and I went out on the Island Queen for a four-hour fishing trip and we had an excellent time. The fishing was a bit slow to start, but once Captain Charlie turned on some Jimmy Buffett music, things picked up. We ended up bringing in a couple of nice flounders and a surprising shark. Charlie and Colleen were both very friendly and helpful; Charlie taught my new-to-fishing girlfriend how to cast as well. Very nice boat, nice people, nice time

Visited May 2011
1 Thank RandyLansing
Arlington, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Had awesome Memorial day weekend with family”
Reviewed 31 May 2011

My parents flew in from Chicago, and I took them to Chincgoteague Island. I already arranged the charter for Fishing and Clamming through Captain Bob's marina. Had little worries about the charter because I heard that there is no gurantee that we will catch any. Finally got to the charter dock area, and met with the captain of Island Queen charter. He was very friendly and very strict about the regulation, which I liked the most. Fishing wasn't that great that day, but the service and kindness helped alot. Next day we did clamming with the same charter. Not sure what to say now, but that captain knows where to go! we caught a lot of clam that day within an hour. we still had an hour left to do clamming, but we were exhausted. Can't believe how many clams and conch we caught. Without him, we probably spent all day in the clamming area catching nothing....I'm planning to re-visit on the 1 July. Hope he got some rooms available. I strongly suggest to get with Island Queen charter, because I'm going to arrange my trip again with him. The cost is very affordable and the amount you pay, it is worth it. Thank you Charlie! we had blasting time!!!

Visited May 2011