“Fishing”

Island Queen Inland Charters, LLC
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Welcome to Chincoteague's Island Queen Charters. We hope that you find our Chincoteague fishing charters and cruises to your liking. Captain Charlie resides on Chincoteague being a native of the Eastern Shore. He is no stranger to saltwater fishing. With 35 years experience on the waters around Island. Captain Charlie knows where and when the fish are biting. We are a fully equipped charter service that as the capability to supply everyone, from the expert to the novice.Fishing times are:8:00 am - 12:00 pm or can be customized.I am USCG Licensed, inspected and insured!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Fairfax County, Virginia
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Fishing”
Reviewed 4 September 2011

Well I wish I would have visited the island before Irene she messed up the fishing around the island. I fished on the Sand Bar and the surf and the bay but nothing. I had a nice boat trip on the Island Queen. I saw tons of birds and took plenty of pictures. I'm sure if Irene didnt arrive I would have caught fish.

Visited August 2011
1 Thank cattoy37

York, Pennsylvania
“Never lets us down when we go with Charlie”
Reviewed 15 August 2011

We have yet to go to Chincoteague Island and not have had a trip planned on the Island Queen. We enjoy our boating trips very much. Captain Charlie goes above and beyond to make your boating experience enjoyable. We have fished, clammed and have taken sightseeing trips with them. If you get to the Island make sure you look up the Island Queen Charters you will not regret it.

Visited August 2011
Ellicott City, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great trip with Captain Charlie”
Reviewed 7 July 2011

We had an incredible time fishing with Captain Charlie!! My fishing experience is limited, but he was extremely helpful. Charlie was unbelievably knowledgeable, not to mention entertaining, throughout the day. We learned a lot about the island and it's history. Thanks Charlie and Colleen, see you next year!!!

Visited July 2011
2 Thank bethanne127
Chincoteague Island, Virginia
“Wonderful way to end the visit”
Reviewed 28 June 2011

My friends came for a visit and we decided to take a sunset boat tour around the Island.
The Koski's were perfect - the boat was comfortable, the Koski's knowledgeable and fun!
Great sense of humor. Reasonably priced,too. We all give them 5 Stars!

Visited June 2011
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“First Time Flounder Fishing and Caught Flounder!”
Reviewed 28 June 2011

Took the afternoon fishing trip with 2 pre-teen boys and got to experience flounder fishing for the first time. Chose the Island Queen for the pontoon boat stability, great recommendations and the fact the boat had some shade! Can't imagine being on a boat for 4 hours without protection from the sun. Glad I brought my camera to get photos of the scenary, the fish and the large fishing boats as they passed.

While the fishing conditions were tough, flouder fishing was very different from the freshwater fishing my children were used to and it took a while for them to learn the techniques to get the fish on the hook. Capt Charlie worked hard to get us on the fish and did everything he could, including catching some himself, to prove they were there!

My kids and I enjoyed the trip, enjoyed the Captain's company and caught fish! All poles and bait were provided and the captain took care of releasing the fish, rebaiting the hooks, always looking for the best spots to catch some fish and ensuring we were safe the entire time. Can't ask for much more!

Visited June 2011