“So good we went twice”

Island Creamery
Price range: US$3 - US$7
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We feature homemade ice cream made in small batches to ensure freshness and quality. We use local seasonal ingredients like strawberries, cantaloupes and peaches from local farms. Try a freshly baked waffle cone or sundae. Ice Cream cakes and gift cards are available.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So good we went twice”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This place had a line out the door and into the parking area both times we visited, but worth the wait, which wasn't really bad because they have menus out in a bucket at the door so you can choose while you wait and as soon as you get in the door someone comes to serve you quickly, friendly and efficiently. The house favors we tried: sundial cannoli, limoncello and Wallops rocket fuel were all excellent and like nothing else I have ever had at an ice cream place. Definitely a must go to place if we return to the area.

• Visited July 2014

Montreal, Canada
“The best icecream I have ever experienced !”
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

This is the best icecream place I have ever experienced and the best ice cream I have tasted. The permanent lineup tells all ! But it is moving pretty fast and the service is excelent.
Always a pleasure to go there.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Franck G
Rochester, Pennsylvania
“Chincoteague night life.....ice cream parlors!!!”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I've been to Chincoteague at least 15 times over the last 29 yrs. It's one of my favorite places to go. I remember when McDonalds was the only fast food restaurant on the island! I've camped, stayed in an apt over bait shop, townhouse & 3 story condo on the water. I highly recommend Harbour Rentals when looking for a place. I also recommend bus tour of Assateague. Catching sunrise on the beach is also a must! Crabbing is fun too! Our night life consists of frequenting the ice cream parlors...not Dairy Queen-you can do that at home. At Island Creamory, the cantaloupe is my favorite! Love the fudge too!

• Visited August 2013
Wilmington, Delaware
“Yummy”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We've been going to Chincoteague over 40 years and I'll never forget the first time I had Island Creamery's ice cream. It is without a doubt, the best I've ever tasted. On top of that, the employees are very friendly :-)

• Visited August 2013
Chincoteague Island, Virginia
“Please Make one flavor without HFCS ( High Fructose Corn Syrup)”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Please make one flavor without this additive as many people are allergic to it and you would increase your customers if you did so. Just a suggestion. Many common brands now do versions without this nasty additive.

• Visited July 2014