“Phenomenal BBQ!!!”

Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
New York
“Phenomenal BBQ!!!”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Stopped by Woody's Beach BBQ because we were told that we could bring the dog, figured it would be nice to lunch outside there in the shade. It wasn't just a nice lunch, it was Phenomenal Food! Friendly service with a smile! Ordered the Sampler with ribs, chicken, and pulled pork, corn bread, and 2 sides of coleslaw. From the first bite, Wow! Meat is so tender, falls off the bone, almost melts in your mouth. Second bite, we were in absolute heaven. Whatever they use to smoke the meats and whatever's in their AMAZING BBQ sauce - Spectacular! By the 3rd bite, realized Woody's food would make a successful restaurant anywhere! (go on Shark Tank and bottle the sauce!!!! *really!*) Coleslaw was fresh and delicious. They even gave our dog some meat and water. So kind! When we realized they forgot our cornbread, they gave us the cornbread and a free delicious banana pudding!

Such savory food that we returned to Woody's the next day for lunch - delectable Carolina Pork Sandwiches and Corn Nuggets! Couldn't get enough! The night before we left Chincoteague, we picked up another Sampler and Carolinas to bring home with us. We're native NYers, and admittedly, I can be a demanding Manhattan PIA, easily annoyed by rude staff and sub-par food and service: at Woody's Not One Complaint, whatsoever. For the record, I lived in NC a few years and have spent time a lot of time in TX - have had good authentic BBQ, but Woody's is by far The Best BBQ I've ever had!

It's a nice outdoor place for families, couples, or anyone - with plenty of shade and parking, nice music and fun surfer theme, offering a few lawn chair seats, standing tables, and To-Go. Not traditional restaurant-seating, but Well Worth the Food in every way! Yes, it's Cash or Check, but they have an ATM in an old blue telephone booth in the middle of the property (see pic).

Still dreaming about the BBQ sauce lol

6 Thank cbevz

FL
“Cash or Check Only - NO CARDS”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

It's 2014 and ridiculously easy to take credit cards with a smartphone app. We got here and the kids were excited to play with the games, when we had to leave since we didn't have cash on us. Really cannot believe they don't take cards. We ended up going to Smokey's down the street where they do take cards and had a delicious meal. Sorry Woody's, would have liked to try your BBQ! :(

Visited June 2014
3 Thank 123familyof4
Clifton, Virginia
“Great BBQ; Great location”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stopped by here for lunch on our way home from biking through the National Refuge. It was delicious. When we pass by later, it was more crowded and people were enjoying the games and sitting together eating. Lots of fun!

2 Thank RBandDB
York, Pennsylvania
“Not what we remembered”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

My husband and I came to Woodys recently while on vacation, and I am sad to say it was not the pleasant experience we were left with previously. The prices have really gone up for what you get and the portions are small. The sandwiches come with nothing and when I tried to order a small side, I was told by an employee that I had to order a large, even though the menu clearly states that small can be ordered ($6 for mac and cheese as a side order) This further drives up your bill. Even if you get a platter, the "good sides" are extra. Im not impressed by offering applesauce and cole slaw as a side at a bbq joint. Our food was dry and not exciting, especially for the price. We planned on going to Woodys more than once but sadly this will be our only stop.

1 Thank dstr10
Garnet Valley, Pennsylvania
“Great food and ambiance!”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This place is awesome. It had the BEST MAC AND CHEESE I'VE EVER HAD, and I'm very picky about my mac and cheese! I also got a shrimp po'boy which was awesome. You sit outside and it's islandie, but not corny. This place needs to be on unique eats immediately! It takes a bit of time, but who cares when it's so good.

• Visited May 2014