“Fun, Funky & Big Servings!”

Woody's Beach BBQ and Eatery
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Kids, Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Ashburn, VA
“Fun, Funky & Big Servings!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

Great BBQ, Funky atmosphere, Easy location. What's not to like about a hippy vibe with awesome BBQ, hammocks, games and good music? Stop at Woody's - it's great!

Visited July 2014

Pennsylvania
“Save your money and skip it!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Seriously, save your time and money. It looks cool, but the service was slow (the girl seemed like WE were bothering her!) The food, mediocre at best! The sides were crap and over priced..cold baked beans? They tasted like they came out of a can! I don't mind paying for good BBQ...WHEN it's actually good!! Save time and go somewhere else!

3 Thank Melissa S
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
“Great atmosphere with good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

We stopped by woody's on a recent vacation and enjoyed our meals. I had the Memphis, a pork BBQ with red sauce and slaw. It was a little pricey at $10-$12 a sandwich but that wouldn't bother me for a great BBQ. While we waited we played the games around the complex, ring game, sack toss etc, to pass the time. When our food arrived I was pleasantly surprised. The BBQ consisted of a nice fresh bun loaded with pork and topped with slaw. Overall the sandwich was good but not great. While it was loaded it was a little dry and not very saucy.
Towards the end of our trip we were passing by and decided to stop again. This time I decided to try the fish tacos hoping for a better experience. Breaded flounder with a fresh tomato salsa on a tortilla, They were delicious!! My wife had the sweet potato fries which were probably the best I've ever had.
Two important things to note are Woody's is primarily a take-out place so there are no bathrooms. There are some standing room bar top tables to enjoy your food however. Number 2 is that they only take cash so make sure to hit the ATM first.
All and all it was an enjoyable experience and we'll definitely be back.

Visited June 2014
“Dinner bbq”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

BBQ ribs were good. Pork sandwich was ok. Atmosphere is nice if you have older kids who can play the games to pass the time. Not the best bbq I have ever had but it was alright.

“Ok food, bad service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

The food isn't bad, but it's a bit overpriced. If I'm gonna pay a handsome price anyway, I'd rather go somewhere that does things right.

Wouldn't make a change to my my girlfriend's order, then got it wrong and overcharged (they have two listed prices for some items, one on the printed menu and one on their chalkboard).

I asked for my sandwich without coleslaw, it had a huge dollop right in the middle, and with the sandwich I ordered it was prohibitively difficult to remove.

Our friend ordered carolina bbq and got Memphis and they forgot his fries.

Service is *extremely* slow, and it wasn't even particularly busy when we went. It wasn't worth our time to get back to the front, maybe get things fixed by the extremely supercilious counter girl, and wait another half hour for the fixed order, so we ate and left. TripAdvisor steered us wrong on this one.

• Visited July 2014