“Fun atmosphere”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Takeout
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun atmosphere”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

The barbecue here was very good, fried green beans were awesome, bean pot awesome. I am not a slaw person but my daughter said it was great. Sweet tea ok. A little pricey, but the outdoor atmosphere and games were fun, kept my little one busy while waiting for food which wasn't very long. Everything is outdoor and you order from a trailer. Watch out for the seagulls... Strength in numbers helps, they kept their distance when both my kids were with me but when they got up to get something and play games the gulls dive bombed my "table" (old surf board - cute) literally tried to take my ribs right off my "plate" (paper and foil).

Boonville, IN
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Woody's is great!”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

OK I am driving down Maddox heading toward the beach. I start seeing this place on the right that is very colorful and has some really cool decorations. Then you see a sign that says this place is Woody's and it is selling food. Well I like to eat and I was hungry so I decided to pull in to check it out. The prices were reasonable and the BBQ smell locked me in. I ordered a BBQ sandwich that had onion rings on it. The young lady taking my order was very patient and very helpful. In about 5 minutes I was handed a sack of food that would feed two people but everyone that was with me had their own sack so this all mine. This sandwich was some of the best BBQ I had ever tasted. I should have and could have made two meals out of the sandwich but it was just too good.
If you have ever been to Chincoteague and you drove past this place and didn't stop in you screwed up. Get back in you car right now and head back there to correct this mistake. If you are going to Chincoteague don't make the mistake of not visiting Woody's BBQ and Eatery.

1 Thank DDinBoonville
Colorado
“Do NOT eat here - no bathroom or running water for guests”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

If a bathroom and running water to wash hands is important to you, do not eat here. The food is ok but expensive. Outdoor barbecue from a trailer type of place, but portion size is small and expensive. The sweet potato french fries with honey tasted awesome but it costs $7. The salads were average. I had to flag down and wait for one of the staff for forks and spoons. Overall bill was $65 for what should be a $30.

The outside hammocks and patio tables/chairs were a very nice touch. However, sea gulls would constantly swoop down trying to peck away your leftovers.

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Yum”
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Woody's has great BBQ. We always stop by for lunch. Place gets packed at night and the waits can be outrageous - which is a good thing! Only thing I don't care for is the coleslaw, being from lancaster county, Pennsylvania there is no other coleslaw than home.

1 Thank FairReviews1
Binghamton, New York
“Best food on the island”
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

This was literally the best meal I've ever had on this island and I've been coming here for 20 years. The sauces used on the sandwiches are sublime. The sides are delicious. Its a little pricey, but worth every penny.