“Good food, confusing service”

Woody's Beach BBQ and Eatery
Cuisines: Barbecue, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed 1 August 2014

The food was great. I had delicious, crispy skinned fried chicken and my husband had a yummy barbecue chicken sandwich with pineapple and "yum yum" sauce. However, we did not realize that Woody's is actually two separate service areas on opposite sides of the parking lot. It seemed one side had more typical BBQ offerings like ribs, pulled pork and fried sides, while the other was more chicken and seafood themed. We enjoyed our food, but I think it would have been nice to have a sign posted to let people know there are other choices, or at least some place to view the full menu in one place.

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

If your in a hurry skip this place. Service at take out window is slow, but food is fresh made to order. No complaints we had BBQ platter, average stuff, cornbread was great. Then from other side great sweet potatoe fries, the best cucumber salad ever and awesome funnel cake fries. Outside eating so the flies and sea gulls were pest, but no complaints on the food.

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Best food on the whole island! Im giving 4 stars because I had to wait about 30 for my meal that came out of a food truck and because it was a bit pricey. The food was quite tasty but just came by itself no sides or fries you have to pay separate for those things... I would recommend this for families with little ones there is lots to look at and games to play while you wait!!!

1  Thank hannahc686
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I've never been to Jamaica, but this ourdoors eatery is what I picture when reading about "street food" in Jamaica. Woody's is like a food truck on steroids, with good-vibe music, and a variety of stand-up tables and beach chairs.

The menu was more extensive ( and a touch more expensive) than I anticipated, but the prices and food quality equalled DC food truck cuisine. Focused, fresh, and screaming SUMMER!

I had a Duke - a fresh boneless breast of chicken, breaded and deep fried, with "Duke Sauce" bacon and grilled pineapple. The chicken was perfect and moist, bacon perfectly crisp. I never detected the sauce, and the pineapple was cold. I would order this excellent, big, $10 sandwich again, but ask for the pineapple to be cooked/charred more. I would have loved to try their sweet potato fries at $6, but didnt' have the cash with me.

Sign boards proclaimed that they now take credit cards.

Find this place just before the circle, on maddox Road heading towards the beach.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

After trying a conventional restaurant, we decided to give Woodys a go. From the road it doesn't look like much more than a roadside stand with a few tables nearby. That said, we ordered fish tacos and fries, and were very pleasantly surprised at how fresh the food was. On our second visit we ordered Shrimp Po Boy and sweet potato fried, which were excellent. You can't beat this place for fresh and tasty food, and eating at an outside table was fine with us.

1  Thank ronDover