“Best Bike Store and Service I have ever experienced”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mid Town Bike Store
Derwood, Maryland
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Best Bike Store and Service I have ever experienced”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We bought a few items for our bikes and asked him to tune-up the bikes and give them a once over for safety and preventive maintenance purposes.. He did a great job. Prompt service and a very nice person to meet and deal with. He joked that the police almost gave him a ticket for speeding while he was test driving the bikes.

He can fix anything on a bike and his rates are very reasonable. Had some unique items in stock to add to the bikes. We bought some of them.

Visited October 2012

16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“They keep your bike rolling”
Reviewed 5 January 2013 via mobile

Living in the salt air can be hard on a bike, but this shop works hard to keep the old bikes rolling. Man who runs it is a curmudgeon, but he doesa good job on bikes.

1 Thank frequenttravails
V
64 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“Best Bike Store”
Reviewed 15 May 2012

If you need anything for your bike, try Mid Town. Dan can fix anything. Does not rent bikes.

Visited August 2011
Chesapeake
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 103 helpful votes
“Mid Town Bike Shop”
Reviewed 22 August 2009

I was at Chincoteague a couple of weeks ago and got a flat tire on my bike on the first day, just as I was about to bike into the park, real bummer. The bike rental shops wouldn't help me fix the flat, so I was walking back to the hotel looking for a real bike shop. The only one I found was the Mid Town Bike Shop which is, appropriately, about midway down the length of Maddox. Unfortunately they closed at 4 PM so I was out of luck.

The next day on Saturday I did make it to the shop. This nice little shop has been run by this couple seemingly for decades. They said they were one of the very first places to rent bicycles on the island but now they don't compete with the bigger concessions. They do however sell bikes, parts, accessories, and do basic service. The gentleman sold me a new inner tube and installed it at a very reasonable price. While I was there they were helping another family pick out a bicycle to purchase. All in all they were extremely helpful and it was a great pleasure to find a place like this on a busy tourist strip. Pay them a visit for your bicycle needs while your on the island.

8 Thank Flying_Rog