“Definitely recommend!”
Review of Tom's Cove Park

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chincoteague Island
Tom's Cove Park
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We just spent a week here for 4th of July. We had such a great experience we booked for Labor Day. This was our first time at Tom's Cove and had a wonderful time. We didn't have to leave the campground if we didn't want to. They have everything from huge docks for fishing and crabing to a pool and game room. The staff is great. All were very friendly and personable which must be trying at times with the campground being so big. To top it off we made so many new friends from the perm sites to regulars to out-of-staters like us. We stayed in a 5th wheel (34 ft) and didn't have any issues with our site. All around Tom's Cove is an awesome campground. I will highly recommend to family, friends and strangers alike!

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank MTandKota

Reviewed 3 July 2014

We have been staying at Tom's Cove Chincoteague Island, VA for the past 4 years. We have been there in the summer and it is right on the water. The sites are nice, the bathhouse behind the camp store is big and clean. Only thing is, bring some protection from mosquitoes. They ride around fogging for them but still they are annoying. We used a screen tent when outside. We also have camped there in Late Sept. Oct. and last year over Thanksgiving. I prefer that time of the year as it is not as busy and the mosquitoe issue is done with. The workers are very friendly. We plan on staying there for a few days in November on our trip to Florida. Oh, it is usually windy so bring tie downs for your canopies.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank sandra l
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

The reservation:

We mailed our reservation in as does everyone else. We requested water front, and were told spots are first come first serve.....Ok......so we called the night before to see if any were even available to determine if we should rush in in the morning. We were told NO. When we arrived around noon the next day we were pleasantly surprised with a water front spot! Different people will give you different answers I think we just lucked out with the answer we wanted.

The campsite:

It was small and v shaped. We (4 20 something year old females) we right next to a industrial fishing site and the fisherman were extremely friendly, but we didn't really mind. There was no fire ring. Considering they sell fire wood I found that questionable. So I made a fire ring with rocks I gathered. There was a broken picnic table. Bathrooms and showers were decent and clean!

The camp store:

Ok. There are two registers. You can pay at either. Twice I bought coffee (powdered cream if you don't like that don't get coffee) and twice as I tried to leave I was yelled at by the other cashier. It was the same women. The same women who rang up bread using the manufacturers price not the stores price sticker. And when I pointed it out she didn't fix it. She knowingly overcharged me 1$+. Not a huge deal. But what are they even doing? Is there any training? Quality control? If you are going to harass me over my pre paid coffee then learn to read.

Overall:

We're iffy on coming back. It wasn't awful but it wasn't good. Might risk trying another place. Our wait to come back to the island at all. The island is awesome though.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
7  Thank Shauna P
Reviewed 26 June 2014

My husband and I recently stayed the weekend here and we booked four more weekends throughout the rest of the summer. This was our first camping experience....we chose a tent site without electric hookup. Im glad we chose the site without electric hookup it was quieter and we didnt really need it. The bathrooms and showers were less than 100ft away. The pool was close too. We had a great time! It was quiet on our side by 12:00, which was fine...after all people are there to have fun. The only suggestion would be for the showers to be cleaned a bit better because of the humidity and mildew. The staff was friendly. We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank debbie s
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Great place to camp. Water everywhere including the pool. Camp store provides all you need and within a few miles of downtown. Relaxing family fun place. Large camp sites. You can see the Chincoteague lighthouse from the park.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I tried Toms Cove as a shot in the dark on the Saturday evening of Labor Day weekend 2013. My previous plans fell through and I was stuck without a site. When I came into the office I spoke to a very nice lady who -- surprisingly -- told me there was space available if I wanted to pay $50 a night. Frankly, she could have gone higher with no arguement from me under the circumstances. I got a nice sized pull through so I didn‘t even have to unhook. No fire rings, but there were shallow firepits. Camp store seemed pretty well stocked for a holiday weekend, I at least could get sandwich makings so I was happy. My neighbors were friendly, and it was quiet where I was (in front of the trailer/boat storage area). I only stayed one night since I had reservations in Rehoboth Beach the next day, but I'm certainly not sorry I stayed here.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank Bill S
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This is a low key, laid back, relaxing campground. If your looking for non stop entertainment this isn't the place but that's why we love it. I've been going there since I was a kid and now I take my son, which we named Cove after TomsCove. This campground has a pool, small playground, small arcade and snack bar, very clean bath houses which some are unisex which is wonderful for families. And don't forget the wonderful view with several piers to fish and crap off of. I could go on forever but I highly recommend this campground its the perfect place for a laid back vacation. Oh and by the way DONT GO TO THE INLETVIEW CAMPGROUND!! That's how we ended up at TomsCove, after one night of fearing for our lives at the inletview campground we found TomsCove and go every year.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family