Anchor Inn
Comfort Suites Chincoteague(Chincoteague Island)(Great Value!)
US$169
US$77
US$170
US$134
AscendHotels
Waterside Inn(Chincoteague Island)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$193
Best Western Chincoteague Island(Chincoteague Island)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$141
Agoda.com
Refuge Inn(Chincoteague Island)(Great Value!)
US$130
Hotels.com
Dove Winds(Chincoteague Island)
All reviewsrest and relaxationcontinental breakfastnice bathcoast guardgreat water pressuremarina baygo fishingbeautiful sunsetpony penningwithin easy walking distancemain streetpeace and quietstaff was friendlyyogurtone night stayparking lotking suite
Reviewed 15 August 2012

My husband surprised me with a long weekend and booked the Anchor Inn. The boat marina, and panoramic view, staff, everything was exceptional! We will never go to the campground again. This is our new Anniversary Destination

Room Tip: All rooms are great, but the King Suite is worth it.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CherieLynn831
Reviewed 17 July 2012

When I book any hotel stay I have to keep in mind how my kids love traveling but are very hesitant to stay anywhere besides our spacious home. Anchor Inn was very reasonable in comparison to the other area hotels. There rooms where clean and comfortable. Our room had a nice waterfront view and a cute kitchenette. This is my first time writing a review because I was really impressed with one act in particular. I left my brand new pair of Coach designer percription glasses in the room. Retail price of 600.00 after lenses and all. I was really bummed and upset. I called the next day and was told that they found my glasses and were mailing them out the same day. Following day (which is today) as they promised my glasses arrived in the mail. I am extremely impress with such honesty. I will be staying there again!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Folwacznyinva
Reviewed 7 May 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Anchor Inn for our anniversary. It was a very nice and clean hotel right on the water. We enjoyed the quiet and relaxing atmosphere. The breakfast was a little lacking, but was not bad. All and all we enjoyed our stay and will stay again in the future.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KELLY L
Reviewed 13 October 2011

We were in town for the annual Chincoteague Oyster Festival. A shuttle (free for the festival; I think it is 25 cents per person otherwise) stopped adjacent to the Inn and provided transportation to most points of interest on the Island. The Inn is a well maintained two story building on the water with the second floor rooms not handicapped accessible. The rooms were large. Our room (231) had a king bed, a flat screen TV, and was very clean and well maintained. The bath and dressing area each had a large mirror and lavatory, which was very convenient. Each room had a balcony. We were on the second floor on the inland end of the building (billed as "waterview" - versus "waterfront"), but still had a great view from the balcony (spectacular sun rises and sunsets) . Other room types are billed as "efficiencies", "VIP", and "tower retreat". Prices vary by room type and season. We paid $89 + tax per night. The first night stay was charged to our credit card as a deposit when we made our reservation. Deposit refund required a 48 hour notice for this time of year. Just a note to be sure to double check the rate and billing for the reservation(s). We had three couples and three rooms in our traveling party. The couple that first made the contact for reservations was told on the phone that since they were booking three rooms, they could have all three rooms at the $89 rate, but were actually charged $109 + tax per night for a "VIP" room. The VIP room had a pull out sofa as the major difference in the rooms. The management and staff were very nice, but blamed the miscommunication in rates on a "part time employee who only worked one day a week" and were unyielding on the VIP rate.
Otherwise all of our rooms had a mini-fridge, coffee maker, hair dryer, full carpeting, and AC. No pets allowed. Smoke free facility. Other facilities/amenities included an outdoor swimming pool, crabbing/fishing pier, separate picnic house with pots/pans and facilities for steaming crabs, boat launch ramp, and continental breakfast open until 11 AM. It was a short walk down Main Street to great restaurants and shops.

Room Tip: Waterfront and all second floor Waterview rooms have great views.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
6  Thank LBWiles
Reviewed 22 September 2011

My wife and I spent a long, relaxing September weekend at Chincoteague Island, VA, staying at the Anchor Inn. The accommodations were spacious and clean, the price was right, and the hospitality was exceptional. The included continental breakfast, available until 11 am, made starting the day easy, with no search for a restaurant. With a location on Main Street, it was a quick walk to the many nearby shops and restaurants.

On a future trip to Chincoteague, we would definitely consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Book for the lower off-season rates
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple