“great location”

GreenLeadersBronze level
East Windsor, New Jersey
“great location”
Reviewed 18 May 2013

We enjoyed it very much. Located on the bay and nice view of the water.Breakfast is decent.Plumbing can be a little quieter between rooms.The next room took a shower at 11 pm and it sounded like niagra falls for half an hour.

Room Tip: go for bay end
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank aviron l

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Union, New Jersey
Reviewed 9 October 2012

I purchased a bushel of cooked crabs, placed them in my room in a closed cooler. When I returned later I found that they had opened my closed cooler and placed a garbage bag over the box of crabs along with a note from management to remove the crabs from my room. I found out later that about half the box of crabs was missing. I called the office and was told they would not take any action for the missing items. I was also told by the owner, at that time, that guests are not allowed to eat crabs or store seafood in the efficiency because of the smell. I would like to point out, that there is a note above the sink that states the crabs cannot be COOKED in the efficiency but no mention of not being able to eat cooked seafood in the efficiency. They wanted me to put the bushel of cooked crabs in a community Crab/Picnic House where everyone had access to it. I was not about to put the crabs I purchased for $75 in a community area. Besides they only had a freezer there. The crabs were cooked and ready to be eaten, not to be frozen. I thought my purchase would have been safe in my locked efficiency, not to find half of the box missing. I go on vacation to relax, not to constantly be on guard.

What is the reason for vacationers to come to Chincoteague other than for seafood and beaches?

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank ted46878
Elizabeth City, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 September 2012

I was somewhat apprehensive about not staying in a chain hotel, but the Anchor Inn was a very pleasant surprise. The price was at least $100 less than the chain hotels were charging and it was perfect for a one night stay. There is nothing fancy about this place, but the rooms were clean and comfortable. The location was great providing easy walking distance to shops and restaurants. The breakfast was very nicely presented, offering juice, coffee, various pastries, bagels, english muffins and cereal. I also liked that it was a no pet motel.

The only negatives are that the room was not soundproof, but not unlike being at someone's home and the bedding and furniture is a bit tired looking and in need of replacement in the near future. Neither of these was a big deal.

I would definitely recommend this motel in the future to anyone going to Chincoteaque.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed 15 August 2012

My husband surprised me with a long weekend and booked the Anchor Inn. The boat marina, and panoramic view, staff, everything was exceptional! We will never go to the campground again. This is our new Anniversary Destination

Room Tip: All rooms are great, but the King Suite is worth it.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CherieLynn831
Stafford, Virginia
Reviewed 17 July 2012

When I book any hotel stay I have to keep in mind how my kids love traveling but are very hesitant to stay anywhere besides our spacious home. Anchor Inn was very reasonable in comparison to the other area hotels. There rooms where clean and comfortable. Our room had a nice waterfront view and a cute kitchenette. This is my first time writing a review because I was really impressed with one act in particular. I left my brand new pair of Coach designer percription glasses in the room. Retail price of 600.00 after lenses and all. I was really bummed and upset. I called the next day and was told that they found my glasses and were mailing them out the same day. Following day (which is today) as they promised my glasses arrived in the mail. I am extremely impress with such honesty. I will be staying there again!!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Folwacznyinva
HAMPTON
Reviewed 7 May 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Anchor Inn for our anniversary. It was a very nice and clean hotel right on the water. We enjoyed the quiet and relaxing atmosphere. The breakfast was a little lacking, but was not bad. All and all we enjoyed our stay and will stay again in the future.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KELLY L
Fairmont, West Virginia
Reviewed 13 October 2011

We were in town for the annual Chincoteague Oyster Festival. A shuttle (free for the festival; I think it is 25 cents per person otherwise) stopped adjacent to the Inn and provided transportation to most points of interest on the Island. The Inn is a well maintained two story building on the water with the second floor rooms not handicapped accessible. The rooms were large. Our room (231) had a king bed, a flat screen TV, and was very clean and well maintained. The bath and dressing area each had a large mirror and lavatory, which was very convenient. Each room had a balcony. We were on the second floor on the inland end of the building (billed as "waterview" - versus "waterfront"), but still had a great view from the balcony (spectacular sun rises and sunsets) . Other room types are billed as "efficiencies", "VIP", and "tower retreat". Prices vary by room type and season. We paid $89 + tax per night. The first night stay was charged to our credit card as a deposit when we made our reservation. Deposit refund required a 48 hour notice for this time of year. Just a note to be sure to double check the rate and billing for the reservation(s). We had three couples and three rooms in our traveling party. The couple that first made the contact for reservations was told on the phone that since they were booking three rooms, they could have all three rooms at the $89 rate, but were actually charged $109 + tax per night for a "VIP" room. The VIP room had a pull out sofa as the major difference in the rooms. The management and staff were very nice, but blamed the miscommunication in rates on a "part time employee who only worked one day a week" and were unyielding on the VIP rate.
Otherwise all of our rooms had a mini-fridge, coffee maker, hair dryer, full carpeting, and AC. No pets allowed. Smoke free facility. Other facilities/amenities included an outdoor swimming pool, crabbing/fishing pier, separate picnic house with pots/pans and facilities for steaming crabs, boat launch ramp, and continental breakfast open until 11 AM. It was a short walk down Main Street to great restaurants and shops.

Room Tip: Waterfront and all second floor Waterview rooms have great views.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends