“Hotel Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Chesapeake, Virginia, United States
“Hotel Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

The owners and employees are the nicest I have ever met. The hotel room is clean and nicely decorated. The balcony makes the hotel. We sat out every evening watching the fishing boats come in and the sun set. They have a little fishing building that houses a stove, large refrigerator and fish cleaning station. If you book at the Anchor Inn, you can moor your boat there and take your trailer across the street into a locked area. We have already booked for 2014.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Jefferson, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

This is the 5th year we stayed here and it continues to be our favorite place. The owners & staff are friendly & accommodating, breakfast is excellent, you have beautiful sunset views every day and there are several restaurants nearby. Our favorite room is 125 which is an efficiency: 4-burner stove with over (small), full-size refrigerator, sink, and all the utensils & dishware you need.

• Stayed May 2013
5 Thank 4AkerFarm
East Windsor, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2013

We enjoyed it very much. Located on the bay and nice view of the water.Breakfast is decent.Plumbing can be a little quieter between rooms.The next room took a shower at 11 pm and it sounded like niagra falls for half an hour.

Room Tip: go for bay end
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank aviron l
Union, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2012

I purchased a bushel of cooked crabs, placed them in my room in a closed cooler. When I returned later I found that they had opened my closed cooler and placed a garbage bag over the box of crabs along with a note from management to remove the crabs from my room. I found out later that about half the box of crabs was missing. I called the office and was told they would not take any action for the missing items. I was also told by the owner, at that time, that guests are not allowed to eat crabs or store seafood in the efficiency because of the smell. I would like to point out, that there is a note above the sink that states the crabs cannot be COOKED in the efficiency but no mention of not being able to eat cooked seafood in the efficiency. They wanted me to put the bushel of cooked crabs in a community Crab/Picnic House where everyone had access to it. I was not about to put the crabs I purchased for $75 in a community area. Besides they only had a freezer there. The crabs were cooked and ready to be eaten, not to be frozen. I thought my purchase would have been safe in my locked efficiency, not to find half of the box missing. I go on vacation to relax, not to constantly be on guard.

What is the reason for vacationers to come to Chincoteague other than for seafood and beaches?

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank ted46878
Elizabeth City, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2012

I was somewhat apprehensive about not staying in a chain hotel, but the Anchor Inn was a very pleasant surprise. The price was at least $100 less than the chain hotels were charging and it was perfect for a one night stay. There is nothing fancy about this place, but the rooms were clean and comfortable. The location was great providing easy walking distance to shops and restaurants. The breakfast was very nicely presented, offering juice, coffee, various pastries, bagels, english muffins and cereal. I also liked that it was a no pet motel.

The only negatives are that the room was not soundproof, but not unlike being at someone's home and the bedding and furniture is a bit tired looking and in need of replacement in the near future. Neither of these was a big deal.

I would definitely recommend this motel in the future to anyone going to Chincoteaque.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

My husband surprised me with a long weekend and booked the Anchor Inn. The boat marina, and panoramic view, staff, everything was exceptional! We will never go to the campground again. This is our new Anniversary Destination

Room Tip: All rooms are great, but the King Suite is worth it.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CherieLynn831
Stafford, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2012

When I book any hotel stay I have to keep in mind how my kids love traveling but are very hesitant to stay anywhere besides our spacious home. Anchor Inn was very reasonable in comparison to the other area hotels. There rooms where clean and comfortable. Our room had a nice waterfront view and a cute kitchenette. This is my first time writing a review because I was really impressed with one act in particular. I left my brand new pair of Coach designer percription glasses in the room. Retail price of 600.00 after lenses and all. I was really bummed and upset. I called the next day and was told that they found my glasses and were mailing them out the same day. Following day (which is today) as they promised my glasses arrived in the mail. I am extremely impress with such honesty. I will be staying there again!!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family