“A sunset to remember!”
Review of Anchor Inn

Anchor Inn
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We spent 2 nights at the Anchor Inn recently. It was our first time at this particular hotel. The rooms were exceptionally clean. The staff was so friendly and helpful. Not to mention when you arrived you got a chocolate chip cookie that was delicious! Our room was the next to last room on the upper level. The view was amazing! We watched the most beautiful sunset for 2 nights from our balcony. I got some incredible photos. We didn't swim in the pool but the area was extremely clean and inviting. The continental breakfast was delicious. It was a nice way to start the day sitting on the screened-in deck area. We've stayed at several hotels and rented properties around the island just to have a different view. Anchor Inn is definately a new favorite that we will without a doubt return to again!

Room Tip: If you don't want the King room which is on the end just ask for any room on the 2nd floor. The...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chickwdog

Reviewed 28 January 2014

This review is a little late but better late than never! We stayed at the Anchor Inn in July, and it exceeded my expectations. We had a King room on the 2nd floor with a balcony. The room was very spacious and clean. The Inn itself, is such a cute place. We even got cookies when we checked in! The pool is a nice size and is very close to the rooms. My favorite part is the docks in the back, I wished that I had a boat! There is a kitchen area to clean and cook any crabs you may catch. This is a great place that I would recommend in a heartbeat and I cannot wait to back this summer!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I stayed at the Anchor Inn this past weekend. I was in the King Tower Suite. It was clean and had a great view of the water and sunset. The staff was friendly. I would definitely recommend this place to others.

I even got to pet the owner's horse and pony. They were in the back of the house across the street from the inn. It was my first time petting a horse. I got to pet the blonde horse and the baby pony. I was happy!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We made reservations about a month before arriving. We asked for a 2nd floor room and two beds. The lady that made the reservation was very nice. We were given a higher rate at the time because it was supposed to be a better room. When we arrived we were told it was a king room and on the lower floor. I was there with my sister and we wanted two beds just as we had reserved. We were told that our original room was given away just an hour before. We were told to come back because the owner was not there at the time. So we took off and started to check out the limited amount of motels on the island. Everything was full and we started to panic, A five hour drive and now this! She (Anchor Inn)called us and said they found something for us. It was the tower retreat room. It didn't have two beds but did have a pull out couch. I thought we could do this. We checked it out and I will say it was very clean and very nice. The problem was we were looking forward to a balcony room, which this didn't have. If it was winter it would have been fine but in summer we enjoy being outside on a balcony. So we didn't take the room. Lucky for us we found another resort down the road with everything we wanted. I would try to stay here in the future and do appreciate that they tried to fix things but please if you change the room on the customer you should contact them and see if it is okay with them first.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank amsirius
Reviewed 2 August 2013

2013 was third trip to the Anchor Inn and as always we had a great experience. Enjoyed being with our kids and grand kids at the pool. Look on my grandson's face when his Dad caught a small shark at the end of the crabbing pier was priceless. Gram and #1 Grandson playing games in the room. Carolyn and staff do an excellent job with the breakfast. The light show Mother Nature put on was an added bonus.
Kudos to Tammy who kept us neat. Also she found a pony doll that my granddaughter dropped and brought it to us from their room.
You won't go wrong with Anchor Inn. Within walking distance to downtown Chincoteague and Muller's for ice cream. Raising the flag at the Coast Guard station next door. All these experiences make for a great time there.

Room Tip: Second floor gives better views of the Channel and Sound.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

I've traveled all over the world and what you always hope is that the place you stay fits in with the experience your looking for. Well this place captured the spirit of the island perfectly. Nice clean simple rooms, super friendly staff, and a view to die for. I would high recommend to Anyone!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Topdwn
Reviewed 29 July 2013

The owners and employees are the nicest I have ever met. The hotel room is clean and nicely decorated. The balcony makes the hotel. We sat out every evening watching the fishing boats come in and the sun set. They have a little fishing building that houses a stove, large refrigerator and fish cleaning station. If you book at the Anchor Inn, you can moor your boat there and take your trailer across the street into a locked area. We have already booked for 2014.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends