There are some things to love about this rental. First, it is spacious and relatively updated. However, there are plenty of issues at the detail level that we didn't find acceptable. We are clean people at home and expect a rental to be equally as clean. Most of the pictures online are outdated, however, I will provide photos.
Keep in mind that this unit would rent for about $4000 per month and I always use a "monthly" rate to determine if a rental is indeed to that level of quality. I do understand that vacation rentals demand more than traditional rentals, but I think it is good to keep a perspective.
Things we found that could be improved:
1. The living room furniture is old and worn out. The sleeper sofa is meant for sleeping and not sitting, which makes it very uncomfortable to sit in and enjoy tv or reading. The futon mattress is completely flat - sitting on the floor is just as comfortable.
2. The rental company does not consider the porches living space (my assumption), so that space never gets clean. We would not sit on the porch chairs/furniture and I did not go on vacation to clean other people's homes.
3. The area rugs are disgusting and all they need are routine washing.
4. The carpets need cleaned.
5. The bagless vacuum spews so much dust in the air that it virtually unusable.
6. The wash machine is very small. You can wash about 10 pieces of clothing at a time.
7. I would not use the whirlpool tub if the rent was free.
8. The place needs a good cleaning which means moving furniture once a year to vac and mop.
9. I had to fix most of the curtains upon arrival. They are hung with spring rods and many were pulled down allowing people to see in at night. Kitchen window curtain doesn't even cover the entire window - there is a 6" gap on either side that the curtain doesn't cover.
10. The house has a million dollar view to Assateague, but it's completely overgrown.
I post these comments to help other who are looking for clean rentals and to help drive change with these rental properties. Our first rental was full of mold and absolutely disgusting. The rental company moved us to this house, which was moderately better (the company did provide good customer service). My opinion is that if you want to collect big rent, you need to care for the home - I'm not an animal and I won't live like one on vacation.
On a positive note, Chincoteague and Assateague are awesome and you can't beat for a terrific family vacation destination.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How easy was key pickup/access to the property?|
|Overall condition of the property||Bedding & mattresses|
|Kitchen & utensils||Bathroom cleanliness|
|Other facilities & amenities||Service|
|Families with young children|