Birchwood Inn
Hampton Inn and Suites Chincoteague-Waterfront(Chincoteague Island)(Great Value!)
US$177
Comfort Suites Chincoteague(Chincoteague Island)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$132
Waterside Inn(Chincoteague Island)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$193
US$169
Best Western Chincoteague Island(Chincoteague Island)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$119
Agoda.com
My Lighthouse Inn(Chincoteague Island)(Great Value!)
US$137
Travelocity
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island(Chincoteague Island)(Great Value!)
US$117
Fairfield Inn
Island Motor Inn Resort(Chincoteague Island)(Great Value!)
US$156
US$150
Snug Harbor Marina and Cottages(Chincoteague Island)
US$215
  • Beachfront
Refuge Inn(Chincoteague Island)(Great Value!)
US$130
Travelocity
All reviewsmotel experiencequiet locationmom poproom had queen bedsfishing pierour favorite placestaff was very friendlybobmicrowavewifiislandefficiencychincoteaguerosesmustyrates
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Rick the owner took my reservation over the phone while I was staying at a chain hotel . As I was telling him my displeasure about the hotel he was very understanding . Actually to the point of not talking bad about the competition, but I could tell he wanted to make my vacation enjoyable. So I checked out of my other hotel and he made sure a room was ready for me with a early check in., Once I got settled into my room he checked to make sure I was happy with my room .
Breakfast looked wonderful even though I only drank coffee, there were danishes and such and Rick was there to serve all the guest . I took advantage advantage of the pool out side and the 700 ft pier for some amazing sunsets. Upon check out Rick shook my hand like we have known each other for years and that made me feel good. . He has earned all my future rooms when I visit the Island again in the next few months.

Room Tip: for the people who want elevators and gourmet coffee , enclosed pool this is not for you. If you want true southern hospitality, clean room at a fair price this is the place
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Roger R
MelTrot, Public Relations Manager at Birchwood Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Hi Roger,
Thanks so much for the review. We really appreciate it!
We look forward to seeing you at the Birchwood again soon.
Have a great weekend.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

I chose the Birchwood Motel when traveling with my 4 y/o son because of the reviews about how wonderful the guy who runs the place is. Safety is a huge concern of mine when I travel with just my son. I was more than pleased with Rick, and reviews are not exaggerating when they speak of him. We arrived late, and unannounced. The office was technically closed, but Rick took the time to check us in, and ask me questions about our visit. He gave us appropriate pamphlets for the next day. My son was being a little rambunctious while we were trying to talk, but Rick didn't mind, he understood what a child who had been in a car for hours was like, and spent some time talking to my son too.
The rooms are nothing special, but there's a bed, and a tv, and it's all very clean. I wasn't looking for anything fancy this trip because I knew we weren't going to spend much time at the hotel, but we would be getting up and exploring the island.
In the morning, there was coffee, cereal, and coffee cakes available, but the best part was the foals grazing on the fairgrounds next door! I absolutely love horses, and that was the best breakfast ever.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank klea03
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We spent a lovely long weekend at the Birchwood in mid September. I travel a lot for business and found the personal attention of the Birchwood to be a refreshing change of pace from the sterile chain motel experience.
Rick and Jeanne are diligently preserving this cozy piece of Chincoteague history. The motel is within easy walking distance to downtown, there is a long fishing pier for those inclined and the foals in the next-door carnival grounds are very cute.
If you want some low-key time away from the usual motel experience you will be well-suited to give the Birchwood a call.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank ezelte
Reviewed 22 September 2013

clean room, great price, owner offered me towels to wipe the dew off my bike in the morning and allowed us to check out a little late to watch the rocket launch from his pier. When we arrived at the motel we were both froze from our ride their and he made us both a cup of coffee before he even knew we were going to stay their. highly recommend

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank drager
Reviewed 23 August 2013

If you want a CLEAN, relaxing motel, stay here. Rick is very accommodating and helpful and just a down-right nice person.
And did I say Clean room? I know this might sound strange but it's important to us
We will definitely stay here again.
Thanks Rick !

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Shannon K
MelTrot, Public Relations Manager at Birchwood Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Thanks for the review. We look forward to having you as guests again at the Birchwood soon. Have a terrific weekend!