“Delicious breakfast”

Mr. Baldy's Family Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Thurmont, Maryland, United States
“Delicious breakfast”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Good breakfast, reasonably priced. Nothing fancy. Local diner. Very clean. Outdated decor. Worth a try.

• Visited June 2014

Audubon, Pennsylvania
“Simple good food”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We always go to Mr. Baldy's when we visit the island. It's good old fashion home cooking at a great price.

• Visited May 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Never again....”
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

The prices were resonable the service was ok. The food, not so good. My son ordered a club which came with Cole slaw, Cole slaw was horrible and smelt rotten. Yes price is very resonable but for a few more dollars I could have spent my money else where. Id advise you not to try this place....the decor is outdated big time. This place really went down hill after the new owners took over....

• Visited April 2014
Aberdeen, Maryland
“Awesome place to eat”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

First time my daughter and I went to Chincoteague Island was in 2008, we stayed in a camper not far from Misty of Chincoteague, and ate at Mr. Baldy's several times. Their food was really good and from what I can remember, the prices were pretty good as well. Going back in July, 2014 and can't wait! Mr. Baldy's will probably be one of the first places we hit!

Like others have said, Mr. Baldy's is nothing fancy, but the staff are very friendly, and you feel like you're eating home-cooked meal.

Down in the survey, it asks when you visited. It only goes back as far as May, 2013, which it was 2008 for me, but they left an great impression so we're going back.

• Visited May 2013
“A good local place to grab a bite”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We stopped in here while exploring the island and our youngin's hadn't had breakfast yet. The interior is a little dated, but I think it added to the charm. A lot of children's drawings which I thought was adorable. This is definitely a place where the locals converge for a meal, nothing fancy about it really. The pancakes were really good, the kids enjoyed them a lot. I thought their hashbrowns were excellent! It was obvious that we were from out of town, but we enjoyed it none the less!

• Visited April 2014