“Fabulous, Informative Tour”

Assateague Adventure
Ranked #14 of 31 Tours in Chincoteague Island
More attraction details
Owner description: Join us on a beautiful nature cruise tour of the Assateague National Wildlife Refuge, Chincoteague Bay and the surrounding area. See it all from Chincoteague's Premier Tour Boat the "Linda J" as we cruise the lagoons, coves & backwaters of one of the last unspoiled areas on the east coast. On our cruise it is common to see the famous Chincoteague Wild Ponies grazing in the marsh, , Dolphin cruising & playing in the channels, Sea Turtles, some of the 300 plus species of Wildfowl including Bald Eagles, This is not just another boat ride. You will have a friendly Mate to explain and point out the sites along your cruise. You can also rely on the mate to spot the wildfowl, ponies dolphin & other unusual sea creature that pops it's head up.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 28 July 2013

My friends and I stumbled upon this tour, but we were not disappointed at all! The tour guide had done his research and is a local, so he knows what he is talking about. The tour was 2 hours long and it was filled with information about the island, it's history, the horses, and all the details you would want to know. He also had pictures from the day of the swim to articles about the land, the lighthouse, and other interesting facts. We were treated to free water/soda and beautiful views. He made the most of our experience and it was well worth the money that we paid. I would recommend this trip to anyone visiting the area!

Reviewed 7 July 2013

We are a party of 6 - 1 Grandpa, 2 parents, 3 kids (ages 3,5,7). Chose Assateague Adventure over the myriad of other boats because they make a big deal about safety - important to us when travelling with a senior and 3 small kids. Captain Jay and First Mate Joe are very experienced and committed to both safety and fun/learning. They were very accommodating of our group and went out of their way to make sure we saw all there was to see during the cruise. We saw ponies, osprey, a bald eagle, a turkey vulture, an oyster/clam farm and learned a lot about the history of the islands. Top-notch experience!!! Thank you Jay and Joe!!!

Reviewed 5 June 2013

I went on this cruise with my husband about a week ago. We have lived in the area for several years but never really explored. We had a great time and found out many things about the area. The captains were extremely nice and informative. The wildlife that surrounds the area were pointed , including the ponies :) It was a enjoyable way to spend the afternoon and am planning on taking my parents on it when they come to visit.

1  Thank Tammy762
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I took my daughter and her boyfriend on the cruise and it was awesome! Had a great, relaxing time and the Captains were very nice. They even took pitures of the crew with the Lighthouse in the background. We got to see Ospreys also. I will definitely make it a point to go on the same cruise next time I visit the Island.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Took my wife and daughter out on the sunset cruise on 5/25/13. We had a great time. The owner and boat captain went way out of their way to make sure we were happy with their service. The tour went longer than I expected (a good thing) because they took their time showing us many local points of interest, explaining history, and showing us wildlife. We really appreciated their personal and friendly service, by the end of the tour we felt like we made two new lifelong friends! I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone. Perhaps we will take another tour some day.
Also note that the boat is Coast Guard approved, these fellows take that very seriously.