“Visited Many Times”
Review of J & B Subs

J & B Subs
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 12 August 2014

My family lives in the area. We have had their pizza a number of times and I enjoy their sandwiches. Last time they got my order wrong and I didn't realize until arriving home but they fixed it and had it ready when I returned. They were very apologetic for the mistake and my roast beef with bbq sauce was delicious. They also have a big barrel of pickles! Can't go wrong with pickles!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

My husband & I decided to stop at J & B's to grab quick sandwiches while our son napped in the car. I ran in while my husband waited in the car, and there wasn't any line for me to place an order for 2 cold subs (ham & cheese - nothing special or decadent). I wasn't allowed to pay until the food was ready, and I think I waited 20-25 minutes. I roamed the store for chips & cookies, and stood there holding those and our drinks while people came in & out and picked up orders they had phoned in, and other people waited, and there was quite a bit of confusion around the counter and the door. There is not much room to wait - one tiny bench in the corner.

The 2 women making sandwiches didn't seem to be in any kind of hurry at all. The best employee there was the girl working the register - at least she seemed to be the quickest.

I hate being overly critical, but a 20-25 minute wait for 2 cold subs is ridiculous. I could have stepped behind the counter and made them myself in well under 5 minutes. We will not go back.

DO NOT go here if you are ordering sandwiches or burgers or pizza thinking you will get them quickly to go. It seems to be an okay place to stop for other things like snack foods or drinks.

It is also CASH ONLY and there is an ATM in the store.

2  Thank Lisa K
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The best subs on the island...made to order before fishing or whatever your daily activity may be !!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

The food was decent, nothing special. The major flaw in the operation is the wait time. We ordered two cold subs and it took well over 25 minutes to get our food to-go. Thankfully the folks over at Daisy's Island Cruises were very understanding and held the boat for us!

Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Always have a great experience at JD's . I usually get a turkey sub which has never let me down. Great place to stop to pick up a few quick things as well.