“Not what I expected”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery
Middletown, Delaware
“Not what I expected”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I'm from Delaware, and I have to say I've had better local seafood up my way then the variety Captain Zacks offers. The crab legs were also so overcooked they were hardly edible.. We also ordered the mahi mahi platter with mango salsa.. The mahi mahi was also very overcooked, and the mango salsa is nothing to rave about. Disappointed from reading the great reviews.. I will not be back! Save your money!

2 Thank Barilla3

Springfield, VA
“YUMMY and FUN!”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We went to Captain Zack's for lunch and it was a great experience! The food was delicious and very fresh. It is carry out restaurant and we ate at picnic tables outside. The kids had a blast playing corn hole, horse shoes, and a ring game while we waited for our food. The crab salad sandwich was delicious. The hush puppies and cream of crab soup were fantastic! Try this friendly little place out, you will not be disappointed!

Visited April 2014
Rochester, NY
“Great, fresh take-out”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We spent a few days in Chincoteague in the off-season. There were not a lot of dining options, and we found this to be the best. I'm not sure if they have outside tables in the summer, but in the spring, it was only take out. The service was very friendly and professional in the evening. The woman who took my order was very helpful and accommodating. The sides of my platter were easily changed to sides I preferred at no extra cost. We ordered blackened crab cakes, fish and chips, broccoli- all were very fresh and tasty. The broccoli poppers appetizer tasted like broccoli tempura. My vegetarian son ordered the pizza which he said was great-- a surprising finding in a seafood place. I give it a four because there was no dine-in option, but the food and service were great.

Chicago, Illinois
“Really 6 stars...gotta try the oyster fritter!”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I am not a big fan of fried food. So, if I'm going to eat some, it better be pretty darn good. This food is beyond good. It is outrageous. They brag about having the best crab cakes on the island. And, the crab cakes are worthy of their hype. No filler, just crab meat and seasoning, really tasty. But, there are better items on the menu. The oyster fritter – made with Chincoteague Salt Oysters – are unbelievable. One super large oyster is pounded, grilled and then deep fried. The result is a crispy chewy delight the size of a dinner plate. Three people could easily split one. Their crab soup, lobster mac and cheese and hush puppies are also good.

In addition to serving prepared food, Zack's sells fresh seafood to take home and cook. The tuna and scallops were the freshest I've ever purchased (caught a couple of hours before we cooked them). I also bought rock fish there. We'd never had rock fish before, but we certainly will again.

Tammy, the owner is super nice and helpful. She gave us several tips about the island. We ate there about three times during our week in Chincoteague. I don't think we spent more than $20 for two people. My husband and I split the lobster mac and cheese (plus we had left overs). That only set us back a whopping $6. I highly recommend it.

Ellicott City, Maryland
“This is the BEST place for seafood on the Island”
Reviewed 29 January 2014

We vacation in Chincoteague often and have eaten out lots but Capt Zack's is by far our favorite. We'd rather get carry-out here and take it home because the food is so exceptional. Fresh, well-prepared, fairly priced. The kids insist and we agree!

• Visited September 2013