“Best place for the price”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Chincoteague Island
Virginia
“Best place for the price”
Reviewed 24 October 2011

Americas Best Value Inn and Suites is a nice little place to stay. For the cost it is the best deal, but I would like to mention that the place is been updated and trying to be a great place that is close to most everything. The wifi is okay for the first few rooms, but I don't know anything beyond room 110. The continental breakfast is only during the high season and ends before October. Room 110 smelled like it had been smoked in at some point and time, but over all the beds were nice and the place was pretty good. The rooms all had mini-refrigs and microwaves and decent tvs and personal a/c units. I would rate it higher, but the room was a wee bit smoky.

Room Tip: People have smoked in room 110 at some point and time. Though it says no smoking you could tell it h...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
abvichincoteague, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Chincoteague Island, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Dear theleesons,

Thank you for sharing a review with us. I am glad that you enjoyed our updated rooms. We take great pride in exceeding guest expectations. I am also sorry to hear about the smoke odor. Perhaps your room was located next to a smoking room? You may want to request a room away from the smoking rooms in the future to help prevent this issue from happening again.

Americas Best Value Inn-Chincoteague Island, VA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 August 2011

My husband and I stayed here for a long weekend to visit my sister and her family (who were visiting family/friends in near by Parksley). The day we went the beach was packed, water was VERY cold and VERY rough. Kids lost interest within 30 minutes. Luckily there was a pool at the hotel! We spent the majority of the day playing in the pool which we had by ourselves until late afternoon. Once it cooled off some we did some site-seeing around the island and on to Assateague Island. That evening we took the kids to the Fireman's Carnival. This was my second time to the Island and Carnival but my husband and sister's family first time. ALL had a great and memorable time.

That being said, the room was average. What you expect for the price. We had a LATE check in due to traveling (after midnight) and the manager was very accomodating. No issues. Continental breakfast was very limited and the incense smell was a little disinviting but hey...hold your nose or go to McDonalds!

My husband and I took some time to drive around the island and looking at some of the other options were really pleased with our choice. We were a little nervous when making the reservations but we pleasantly surprised. Not the Ritz but good enough for the little bit of time we were actually in the room. Nice, clean pool was GREAT.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank amberlwalton
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed 10 August 2011

the carpet looked very dirty, the furnishings are very dated as well as the curtains..etc. rooms are very small. The place needs to upgrade the tv, beds are kinda worn out. property looks ok from the street, however inside is very misleading.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank c2it03
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 1 August 2011

We stayed at this so called "hotel" over 07/31/2011 weekend. What we failed to understand was how could anyone call this place anything but a dump. Your interpretation of cleanliness may differ from ours, but stained carpets, moldy smell, someone's hair everywhere including towels, bathrooms, bedding, never washed comforters and blankets, never cleaned surfaces, and overall impression of unkept place had overwhelmed our senses. Add to that a complete absense of any service, stale looking food which they call "breakfast" we did not touch, loud air conditioner, stone pillows, etc.. Worst part: they charged us $145 to stay in this place. Perhaps the price we paid is our own failure to negotiate. Never again. Pay a little more and stay at Best Western.

• Stayed July 2011
6 Thank GregTheBMWTraveller
Dear GregtheBMWTraveler,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review with us. I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. Our rooms were updated with new night stands, headboards, armoirs, painting, mattresses, drapes, and bed frames. All claims will be further investigated and the appropriate action taken. However, many of the reviews on Tripadvisor even mention our clean rooms. Please give us another opportunity to serve you again.

Americas Best Value Inn- Chincoteague Island,VA

Travellers are raving about these Chincoteague Island hotels

Shillington, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 June 2011

The guy at check in was very friendly and accommodating. The room was more clean than I expected. Fridge was not plugged in so it did take over night to reach proper temp. Continental breakfast was small chocolate muffins, small waffles that were already made and huge bagels. We kept the do not disturb sign on the door so I can't rate housekeeping

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Blarney, Ireland
Reviewed 18 May 2011

My wife and I used to stay here at least twice a year, to vist relatives. Date is not accurate, but My wife and I believe the Motel staff went through our things and took controlled substance medications. It used to be a great place, but fool me once...

Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
7 Thank travlr1960
Dear Travlr1960,

Thank you for sharing your opinion with us. I am sorry to hear about this incident from 2010. We take great pride in exceeding guest expectations. To my knowledge, we have never had a theft issue at this property. In the future, I would recommend safeguarding any valuables to prevent this from happening again.

Americas Best Value Inn- Chincoteague Island, VA
Newport News, VA
Reviewed 16 April 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed for a night at this place based on these advertised facts: "continental breakfast, Jacuzzi, king bed".

The Jacuzzi was fantastic - jets, large enough for two people, and very relaxing.

The King bed was nice, but the mattress was painful - very stiff and rigid. When I woke up, my back hurt. Also, it looked like there was some kind of blood or stain on my pillow :-/

The continental breakfast - or what I like to call, the continental NOTHING! I talked with the owner, Raman, about this and he said he won't start doing it until Easter weekend (we stayed the weekend before Easter). He said the costs are too high because not enough people are staying here at this time. Understandable, but not advertised or communicated to us in any way.

Overall, I am pretty disappointed with the place. I don't like false advertisement - if you're going to promise something, make sure you go all the way through with it.

Room Tip: Always question accomodations!
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple