We enjoyed everything about the hotel. We stayed there with our two children (ages 4 and 6) for a long weekend. I'd say the main selling points are:
1) The location could not be more convenient to Assateague Island. We were able to make several car trips over there throughout the day and easily come back for lunch/rest times. If you bring bikes, it's an easy bike ride.
2) It's very clean and well appointed for a hotel near the beach. The bathrooms couldn't have been cleaner. They clearly take care of things or have just recently renovated.
3) The indoor/outdoor pool and hot tub. This was a big hit with the kids and the adults.
Other things...the complimentary breakfast was what you'd expect for a complimentary breakfast. Nothing fancy, but did the job. Our kids loved having the ponies in the pen across the parking lot. The customer service was good. We really had no complaints. We'd stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exceed your expectations in this family owned inn where no detail is overlooked. The Refuge Inn is located within walking distance of the wildlife refuge and minutes from our beautiful undeveloped beach. Amenities include Continental Breakfast, Wireless Internet, Indoor/Outdoor Heated Pool, Hot Tub, Fitness Room, Bicycle & Beach Gear Rentals, Conference Room and Gift Shop. A Treasure of a place, Family Owned and Proudly Operated. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Refuge Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Refuge Hotel Chincoteague Island
- Refuge Chincoteague Island