“Very nice place.”

Comfort Suites Chincoteague
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Stayed here in January when not much is going on in Chincoteague. The hotel is very well located, clean, and the staff is friendly and helpful. Balcony on our room was a little tight but I had asked for a room not overlooking the swimming pool so that may have done it. The included breakfast was adequate with the ubiquitous waffle irons and a hot selection that varied daily.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Jeannie_Rose, Manager at Comfort Suites Chincoteague, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2014

We were very pleased to have you join us this winter, and happy to hear that our amenities were to you satisfication. May we suggest our direct bay or premium bay suites for your next visit. The size of suites and balconies are very spacious and the views are stunning. Hope to see you again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,334)

Reviewed 1 February 2014

probably not the best time to visit the island as most businesses are closed. i must say the rooms, staff and amenities (breakfast) were all A1!!! highly recommend thjs location if going to chincoteague for location, comfort ane economy.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We are so pleased that you decided to stay with us. We appreciate your comments regarding our hotel and staff and hope to see you return when the island warms up.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

The only thing that stops this from being a 5 is the very slow wifi in the hotel. Each room has a small balcony facing the bay. Great room for a good price. Not sure what peak season pricing is like, but I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jeannie_Rose, Manager at Comfort Suites Chincoteague, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. I am happy to say that we are working on upgrading our internet service to provide a better wifi experience . We value your feedback and appreciate your business. Hope to see you in near future.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

My wife and I stay here whenever we are in Chincoteague. The Rooms are spacious and clean. One could not ask for better service. We came here to have a relaxing weekend getaway and that is what we got. There were a couple of problems but they were taken care of immediately. After we checked in and were going to our room on the third floor, we found the elevator was not working. Not a problem! David carried our bags up the stairs to the room for us. As my wife can not climb 3 flights of stairs, we went out for a while. When we came back the elevator repairman was working hard to get it working. We decided to make a go of it and walked up to the 2nd floor. We stopped in the lobby there to rest. The repairman was there. He said he was just about done so we waited. When he was done he took us on up to the 3rd floor. No problem. The other problem was one of the heaters in the suite would not cycle automaticly and kept blowing heat. I turned it off during the night and reported it to the front desk in the morning. They immediately repaired it. No problem. The staff here are just great and once you check in they remember who you are, by name. Of course we will stay here the next time we are in town.

Room Tip: If you want a really great room choose one of the Presidential Suites. Otherwise ask for one of the...
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. Please accept my sincere apology regarding the issues you inquired during your stay . I was pleased to hear they were resolved quickly. It is always a pleasure when you visit and we appreciate your loyalty and hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

My wife and I enjoyed the relaxing weekend we just had at the Comfort Suites. the staff was pleasant and professional. The breakfast was adequate, but we really liked that we were able to have a juice or coffee any time day or night. We had a wonderful sunset view over the bay. We will return.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

The sunsets are truley amazing and your private balcony awaits you. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your weekend with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

The service was nothing but outstanding. The room was very clean, sheets freshly exchanged daily, breakfast very tasty and a great assortment of food. My wife and I do not drink coffee, so the staff ensured we were provided with Hot Chocolate. Our view of the bay was wonderful and breathtaking. We can't wait to return for the running of the wild horses and stay here. It is well worth your stay here and the pricing of the rooms we found to be very reasonably priced. This hotel was very easy to find, right off the Main Street. Restaurants and shops all within walking distance.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jeannie_Rose, General Manager at Comfort Suites Chincoteague, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Thank you for choosing the Comfort Suites for your recent stay in Chincoteague. We appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review on our hotel and staff. I will be sure to share your review with them. We look forward to seeing you in July for the pony swim. It will be our pleasure to have stay with us again.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

This place should be reasonably priced, but I was put into a very expensive room with no recourse. I asked for a less expensive room. They said that they had none. I was staying for three nights, so I began calling for less expensive rooms. Right next door I got a nice room for about $60 less at the wonderful Hampton Inn. As I was calling, all of a sudden they said that they had a less expensive room. I was stuck staying there one night, but with that treatment and not telling the truth that they had other rooms for me - I left after one night. Don't stay there. The property is old anyway. Hampton and Fairfield are both much nicer.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Lizponi
Jeannie_Rose, General Manager at Comfort Suites Chincoteague, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Thank you for bringing your concerns to my attention. I have looked into your reservation which was made by your travel agent. The room type that was booked for you was our Presidential Suite. At the time of booking we did not have any of our standard rooms available during your stay due to the Antares launch at Wallops Island . Our front desk representative offered you an apartment, which is adjacent to the hotel that was available for your entire stay at your per-diem rate, which you declined. I know that you have stayed with us in the past and I was sorry to hear that we failed to meet your expectations during this stay . Please contact me by phone or email me at gm.va067@choicehotels.com so we can discuss a solution.