My wife and I visit Chincoteague Island for a one-night weekend get-away. The Comfort Inn and Suites was perfect. We were a little early for check-in, our room wasn't ready which we expected, so the front desk clerk took our cell phone number and we went and got lunch. We received a call and hour or so later which was still before check-in. The room was clean, spacious and had a beautiful view of the waterway behind the hotel. The bed was very comfortable causing us to almost waste our afternoon napping. Even though the hotel was full it was very quiet. We didn't hear any usual noise in our room on the second floor. The breakfast was typical hotel fare with eggs and waffles added. Overall a nice experience and we would definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of historic downtown Chincoteague, the Comfort Suites hotel offers the ideal way to enjoy all the beauty, history, recreation and adventure of Chincoteague Island. Whether its business or leisure that brings you to Virginia's only resort island, Comfort Suites lives up to it's name from the moment guests enter the lobby to be greeted by friendly, attentive staff. "Comfort" continues to be the operative word throughout the hotel, from the 87 oversized suites with waterfront views and spacious work and sitting areas, to on-site amenities that include a newly remodeled fitness center, indoor and outdoor pools, free continental breakfast and morning paper, guest laundry, fax & copy service, meeting facilities for 50 and free high speed internet service. Best of all, when it's time for fun, the options are endless on this small island. In town, there's great shopping, dining, galleries, boat rentals and fishing excursions. A visit to Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge on Assateague Island offers guests the oppertunity to catch a glimpse of some of the 260 species of birds as well as the wild Chincoteague ponies. Additionally, miles of biking and hiking trails wind through pine woods, marshes and freshwater ponds. Built in 1833, the Assateague lighthouse is a favorite attraction, as is the Assateague Island National Seashore, offering over 37 miles of unspoiled beachfront for swimming and water sports. Hotel guests also enjoy the NASA Visitor's Center as well as antique shopping, miniture golf and scenic day cruise excursions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hotels.com, Choice Hotels and Odigeo so you can book your Comfort Suites Chincoteague reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Chincoteague Hotel Chincoteague Island
- Comfort Suites Chincoteague Island
- Chincoteague Island Comfort Suites