“Beautiful Setting at Affordable Price”

Hampton Inn and Suites Chincoteague-Waterfront
Lynchburg, Virginia
“Beautiful Setting at Affordable Price”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Our family enjoyed three wonderful nights biking and resting around the pool and hot tub during my son's Spring Break. The rear of the hotel offers a pleasant view of the water and the local water fowl. It served us well for our biking and walks to restaurants.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
New Paltz, New York
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This is my all time favorite hotel due to its excellent condition, cleanliness and friendly staff, not to mention location. No complaints whatsoever. It has lovely decorations and furnishings, lots of choices for breakfast and a staff that is extremely helpful, hardworking and always cleaning and straightening up. Our room was clean, beds very comfy, and we loved everything. It was our third time staying here.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

My son and I had a wonderful time visiting this Hampton Inn. I am a stickler for cleanliness, and I was impressed by how spotless everything was. But I think it really is the staff that makes the stay so wonderful. They are warm, friendly, and helpful people. We will definitely return. As a single mom, traveling isn't always easy for me. But this made life so that I could get a bit of a break too. My child was sick before the trip, I was exhausted, I arrived late, and they called me to ensure I got my room secured even as their rooms were in high demand. Without them, we would not have had our spring break!

Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed 16 April 2014

The staff at the hotel are wonderful. Very upbeat and cheerful. For the most part the hotel is beautiful. We had a king suite overlooking the water. To our left was the fishing boat/dump area. The room was large and very nice, however, the view was less than desirable. It isn't the hotel's responsibility but it did take away from our experience. A high privacy fence may help. We left early because Chincoteague was not what we were expecting.

Room Tip: Stay away from room 217 or any room on the left side of the hotel unless you want a view of the dump...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Queensbury, NY
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Stopped enroute to OBX for the night. Easy to get to, clean, lovely accommodations. Staff very nice, breakfast typical but plentiful. Not sure if it was recently renovated. Nice decor.
Easy walking distance to shops, churches and restaurants. Great place would definitely stay again and recommend.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank kblkmw
Poquoson, Virginia
Reviewed 13 April 2014

The Hampton Inn at Chincoteague is a great place to stay for a spring break with the family. My daughter enjoyed the indoor pool and we all loved the breakfasts. The breakfast tables are situated so that you can look out over the water, and this makes for a great way to start the day. In the afternoon, evening the front desk at delicious cookies for a snack which my daughters really appreciated and enjoyed. The staff was courteous and helpful. The breakfasts had delicious hot food items offered each day.

Hampton, Virginia
Reviewed 10 April 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Hampton Inn, we had a king study room. Our room had a private balcony with a beautiful view of the bay. This hotel, we were told, was the top rated Hampton Inn in the United States. Our only issue, which was a small one, was the water pressure on our bathroom sink was a weak stream. Other than that, everything else, including the staff, was top of the line. The breakfast and the host were hard to beat. I believe, thanks to Wallops Island, the prices at the hotel, are kept up high. If you travel to Chincoteague during the summer months and stay at this hotel, you will ante up. I try to always stay at Hampton Inns and would stay here again, but I would pick my time of year wisely. Overall, it's "a little pricey, but still a very nice, friendly hotel".

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple