“Another FLAWLESS stay.”

Best Western Chincoteague Island
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I'm not sure what else to say except this place is seriously awesome! We stay here every time we come to Chincoteague. This trip was a last minute New Year's gift to ourselves. We thought we'd try and see the SNOW at the beach. While the bird remained out of sight during our brief trip our stay was still great! The rooms are large, comfortable and CLEAN. The bathroom, might be cleaner than my kitchen! I mean it is really-- really-- clean!!! The bed was once again truly comfortable.

Breakfast at 6 is always nice- we grab some snacks before we hit the refuge. The sausauge was particularly yummy. One of the most amazing things about this place though, besides how clean it always is, is the incredibly friendly staff! They have never been put off, or seemed bothered by any question or need we ever had. They are always SOOO friendly and helpful and kind. They even call to check that everything is ok after we check in.

I love the fresh baked (yummy) cookies--but was sad that I missed the home cooked soup on Thursdays in the off season!

Their welcome sign often includes very religious messages. But if you are not religious, please don't let that put you off--it's not like they are trying to convert anyone there or there is religious propaganda everywhere. It's really just on the sign. These are very warm and friendly, accepting, welcoming people.

The ONLY thing I COULD mark them down for would be the smell of....the cleaning stuff or the bug spray? not sure exactly what it is-- but it's strong when you first enter. But NOT enough to make me not stay here. I'm very sensitive to smells...so others might not notice it. And even being sensitive- I'm still able to stay here happily. oh and I LOVE the heater in the bathroom!

This place is GREAT! So stay here!

Room Tip: 3rd floor!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,303)

Reviewed 8 January 2014

I've stayed many times at the Best Western Chincoteague at the end of Maddox Blvd. It is not a fancy place, but it is clean, well-maintained, and friendly. I've never had any issues there of any sort. The staff has always been very helpful. Also, I love the location - it is about as close as you can get to the nature trails and beaches on Assateague.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 January 2014

This hotel is an excellent off season value with updated rooms and easy access to the island reserve. The staff was friendly and responded quickly to any problems. The fitness center is new and well equipped within a small room. The breakfast bar was the standard for this type of property, with decent, but repetitious selection.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 January 2014

During a trip between Lancaster, PA. and Miami, FL. I decided to finally visit Chincoteague Island, VA. if only for a couple of days. I was very pleased with my accommodations and the staff at Best Western Plus. Large, updated and clean rooms were provided. The views were incredible even from a 3rd floor balcony. Although I did not use the fitness facilities I did take a peek inside and liked what I saw. It was off-season so many local attractions were closed with the exception of local eateries. The diner next to the hotel was very good as was the local sub shop (not Subways). The hotel breakfast the following day was healthy, tasty and filling (the only thing missing was sausage links). I am definitely looking forward to my next trip to the area. I will definitely book it with Best Western. I managed to visit the lighthouse and take a few pics of it and the local ponies. Adjacent to the hotel is the local museum for additional insights into local history. I should also mention that nearby is the NASA Museum for Wallop's Island. It was open and very busy the day I attended.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 January 2014

This friendly staff runs a very comfortable hotel right next door to one of the country's premier birding sites. Breakfast is available at 6 AM and packs plenty of energy for a short walk over the bridge to spend a day at Assateague Island National Wildlife Refuge.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Brad P
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Had a great time, clean rooms, awesome staff! Closest hotel to the beach. I will be back. Free internet, lots of cable channels on flat screen Visio HDTV. Parked directly in front of my room. Staff was more than helpful and friendly. Perfect Chincoteague experience!! I recommend you do stay here.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 December 2013

One of my best stays at a Best Western. Probably the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in. Nice staff (even called to see if all was OK after checkin), better than average breakfast bar and super close to the refuge. The only thing I can say as a con was that the TV was small for the room size and the toilet was one of the those really small ones.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple