“So much for traveling with my family for work”

BEST WESTERN Chincoteague Island
United States
“So much for traveling with my family for work”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

So it ends up that I booked this hotel at the government rate and was traveling with my wife. I was told that to get the government rate that only I could stay in the room. They charged me another 64 dollars a night for the room because my wife was with me. I was charged a higher rate because I was told per new GSA regulations only I could be in the room at the government rate. I have traveled for years with my family for work and this has never happened. This really blows!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Ernest W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

very friendly and courteous staff. Helpful with insider locals' information on area. Rooms are easily accessible and quiet. Breakfast is a nice spread, but coffee could be stronger and hotter. Great to have a microwave and fridge/freezer big enough to store things in! Really helped with restaurant leftovers so we didn't have to buy lunch the next day.

Boulder, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Great amenities and location for all the island activities. My family of four had a great stay here. Pool was well taken care of. Breakfast was wonderful for hotel breakfasts and the staff were all very nice. Would go back here again.

Washington DC, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

Staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. My wife needed some unexpected medical attention and they really seemed to care, which we really appreciated. Additionally, the location is perfect. There is a place to rent bikes right across the street, and the hotel is the closest on the island to the entrance of the nature preserve. Perfect.

1 Thank Monte M
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

I can't say enough about this fabulous place. I would give the whole hotel 100 stars if I could. The setting, the island itself and the surroundings were made even better by the caring, friendly staff here. From the owner watering his landscaping, to staff scrubbing the lobby on their hands and knees, it doesn't get any better than this. Every person there greeted us each day with smiles and "how can I help you". I want to come back again and again. I know they will welcome us back with hugs , that';s how great they are.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Portsmouth, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Closest point to Assateague island (beach, park, horses, lighthouse) which is where we spent most of our time. Never used the pool but the layout was nice and surrounded by landscaping that kept the area private. Requested a room with a nice view and got a view of the lighthouse on Assateague. A little pricy (even with AAA discount) but the reservation was made last minute. Friendly and fast service, but don't expect to check in early.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

We usually rent a home for the week but we only had a couple days to spend at the beach this year. I have always noticed that the BW looked very nice each time I have visited Chincoteague. I was right. Excellent customer service, the friendliest staff I have EVER encountered and a very tidy, clean hotel. Would ABSOLUTELY use this facility again.