“No better or more comfortable lodgings on the island! Wouldn't stay anywhere else!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Inn at Poplar Corner

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chincoteague Island
Inn at Poplar Corner
Centreville, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2011

I am never disappointed by the warmth, beauty and attention to detail offered by this inn and its owner/operator, Mrs. Heaton. I feel right at home the minute I pull into the parking lot, and know my every need will be tended to thoughtfully and expeditiously. This is my fourth stay, and I am already looking forward to another visit this coming fall. I highly recommend! (Make sure you build in extra calories for your visit to enjoy the mouthwatering breakfasts and treats guilt-free!!)

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2011

Beautiful rooms and great amenities. Bikes, beach towels, water bottles, freshly baked cookies and more. Great location- short walk to the downtown area and restaurants. Hope to come back soon.

• Stayed July 2011
Washington, DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2011

The service was great as was the breakfast. I really wanted to try the crab quische so they allowed me to sample some; very good. Even though I stayed one night, I was treated well. I would highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2011

We had a fantastic and peaceful 3 days and nights at the Inn. Our most hospitable hosts made us feel very welcomed right away.

Our Lavender room was spacious, very clean, comfortable with ample bathroom amenities.

Breakfasts each morning was enjoyable, pleasant, delicious and so filling that we forgot to eat lunch.

Our hosts graciously made the kitchen available at all times providing glasses and drinks, and afternoon treats were provided in the dining room.

Evenings we leisurely relaxed on the porch(bug spray even provided).

If we needed anything for the beach it was there. And we did make good use of the bicycles!

We've stayed a B & B's in many countries and I have to say this one was most enjoyable!
We hope to stay again at the Inn!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2009

We enjoyed our overnight stay in this beautiful inn - lovelly location and a great breakfast. The room was one of the best I have stayed in - very comfortable and so many little touches that I can't list them including comfortable cushions - a window seat to relax on and read magazines. We used the bikes to cycle out to the nature reserve and once I got the hang of backpedalling to brake I had fun.Wish we could have stayed longer!!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Harrisburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2009

My cousins and I spent 3 wonderful nights at this gorgeous B & B. I will stay here every time I vacation in Chincoteague Island. Linda, the host ,is gracious and very accommodating. Her breakfasts are absolutely delicious, honestly, the best I have ever had! The rooms are immaculate and breathtaking. There are bikes on the premise to use and we felt very comfortable while visiting. She recommended excellent restaurant for our evening meals and all of them for excellent. We drove to the beach and Wild Animal Refuge. We saw wild ponies, climbed the lighthouse, walked on the beach and down several paths. My cousins and I are planning to make this an annual event and we decided that we will only stay at the Inn at Poplar Corner. It truly was every thing I had hoped for and much more. It's a gem.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
va
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2009

Our stay at the inn was extremely comfortable. Linda met us upon arrival and showed us to our rooms. There are just four bedrooms so there is never the feeling of being crowded, particularly as the rooms and bathrooms are large. We stayed in Baywatch. It was very well appointed, light and airy with a sitting area, spacious storage, and very comfortable bed. The bathroom has a large jacuzzi with shower. All is spotlessly clean

If needed, Linda is there to make suggestions and supply such things as bikes, binoculars etc. all in a lowkey, friendly manner.

The breakfasts are absolutely delicious and you wished for lunch and dinner. There are always home baked cookies and treats available with various drinks and water from the fridge and coffee, tea from the buffet which can be enjoyed on the wrap-around porch,

As with much of Chincoteague, the inn is minutes away from Assateague with its walks, ponies and beaches.

We like the relaxed, comfortable atmosphere the best and disliked nothing.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family