“All the Charm of Chincoteague and more...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chincoteague Island
Inn at Poplar Corner
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“All the Charm of Chincoteague and more...”
Reviewed 5 August 2011

A mid-week stay at the Inn at Poplar Corner was one of the most delightful visits my family and I have enjoyed during our many vacations and college visit expeditions. As self-acclaimed world-wide travelers, we appreciated the attentive service at the breakfast table as well as the sparkling rooms (Charity pretty much donated an extra room to our recently engaged daughter and her fiance), restful jacuzzi, and quaint town for exploring the old-fashioned book stores and mermaid paraphernalia. The sugar crystals atop the orange juice glasses made us feel like royalty. We didn't have time to borrow the bikes but we will on our next visit.

We ate at 2 marvelous restaurants in addition to the Inn, all of which were able to accommodate the vegetarians and carnivores in my group. The ponies appeared as promised when we made the short trip to beach! The sunset and quiet beaches, along with a Park Ranger lesson by a campfire, reminded us that environmentally responsible trips are very romantic.

Room Tip: all rooms are spacious, including a giant bathroom w/ jacuzzi and shower
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank gardenangell

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Centreville, Virginia
Reviewed 17 July 2011

I am never disappointed by the warmth, beauty and attention to detail offered by this inn and its owner/operator, Mrs. Heaton. I feel right at home the minute I pull into the parking lot, and know my every need will be tended to thoughtfully and expeditiously. This is my fourth stay, and I am already looking forward to another visit this coming fall. I highly recommend! (Make sure you build in extra calories for your visit to enjoy the mouthwatering breakfasts and treats guilt-free!!)

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 July 2011

Beautiful rooms and great amenities. Bikes, beach towels, water bottles, freshly baked cookies and more. Great location- short walk to the downtown area and restaurants. Hope to come back soon.

• Stayed July 2011
Washington, DC
Reviewed 6 July 2011

The service was great as was the breakfast. I really wanted to try the crab quische so they allowed me to sample some; very good. Even though I stayed one night, I was treated well. I would highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Virginia
Reviewed 2 July 2011

We had a fantastic and peaceful 3 days and nights at the Inn. Our most hospitable hosts made us feel very welcomed right away.

Our Lavender room was spacious, very clean, comfortable with ample bathroom amenities.

Breakfasts each morning was enjoyable, pleasant, delicious and so filling that we forgot to eat lunch.

Our hosts graciously made the kitchen available at all times providing glasses and drinks, and afternoon treats were provided in the dining room.

Evenings we leisurely relaxed on the porch(bug spray even provided).

If we needed anything for the beach it was there. And we did make good use of the bicycles!

We've stayed a B & B's in many countries and I have to say this one was most enjoyable!
We hope to stay again at the Inn!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
England
Reviewed 29 November 2009

We enjoyed our overnight stay in this beautiful inn - lovelly location and a great breakfast. The room was one of the best I have stayed in - very comfortable and so many little touches that I can't list them including comfortable cushions - a window seat to relax on and read magazines. We used the bikes to cycle out to the nature reserve and once I got the hang of backpedalling to brake I had fun.Wish we could have stayed longer!!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Harrisburg
Reviewed 29 October 2009

My cousins and I spent 3 wonderful nights at this gorgeous B & B. I will stay here every time I vacation in Chincoteague Island. Linda, the host ,is gracious and very accommodating. Her breakfasts are absolutely delicious, honestly, the best I have ever had! The rooms are immaculate and breathtaking. There are bikes on the premise to use and we felt very comfortable while visiting. She recommended excellent restaurant for our evening meals and all of them for excellent. We drove to the beach and Wild Animal Refuge. We saw wild ponies, climbed the lighthouse, walked on the beach and down several paths. My cousins and I are planning to make this an annual event and we decided that we will only stay at the Inn at Poplar Corner. It truly was every thing I had hoped for and much more. It's a gem.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family