“Best Breakfast Ever”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chincoteague Island
Inn at Poplar Corner
Maryland
“Best Breakfast Ever”
Reviewed 21 August 2011

Charity and Linda are the best hostesses! The Inn is gorgeous and is an ideal location for going to the beach or exploring the town by bicycle.

Althought afternoon treats like cookies are delicious, the best part about the Inn at Poplar Corner is the breakfast. Every detail is perfect. One morning, we enjoyed apple juice with a twist of berry ice cubes. The seasonal fruit and coffee cake muffins were a delicious prelude to the main event...thick french toast covered in berries served with caramelized bacon. If you've never had caramelized bacon, you're in for a special treat. The breakfast was so filling and delicious.

Charity and Linda have excellent recommendations for guests in Chincoteague. They know the best boat tours on the bay, the most delicious restaurants, and can make suggestions to help you enjoy your trip.

I highly recommend this Inn!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank blbrodger

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 August 2011

A mid-week stay at the Inn at Poplar Corner was one of the most delightful visits my family and I have enjoyed during our many vacations and college visit expeditions. As self-acclaimed world-wide travelers, we appreciated the attentive service at the breakfast table as well as the sparkling rooms (Charity pretty much donated an extra room to our recently engaged daughter and her fiance), restful jacuzzi, and quaint town for exploring the old-fashioned book stores and mermaid paraphernalia. The sugar crystals atop the orange juice glasses made us feel like royalty. We didn't have time to borrow the bikes but we will on our next visit.

We ate at 2 marvelous restaurants in addition to the Inn, all of which were able to accommodate the vegetarians and carnivores in my group. The ponies appeared as promised when we made the short trip to beach! The sunset and quiet beaches, along with a Park Ranger lesson by a campfire, reminded us that environmentally responsible trips are very romantic.

Room Tip: all rooms are spacious, including a giant bathroom w/ jacuzzi and shower
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank gardenangell
Centreville, Virginia
Reviewed 17 July 2011

I am never disappointed by the warmth, beauty and attention to detail offered by this inn and its owner/operator, Mrs. Heaton. I feel right at home the minute I pull into the parking lot, and know my every need will be tended to thoughtfully and expeditiously. This is my fourth stay, and I am already looking forward to another visit this coming fall. I highly recommend! (Make sure you build in extra calories for your visit to enjoy the mouthwatering breakfasts and treats guilt-free!!)

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 July 2011

Beautiful rooms and great amenities. Bikes, beach towels, water bottles, freshly baked cookies and more. Great location- short walk to the downtown area and restaurants. Hope to come back soon.

• Stayed July 2011
Washington, DC
Reviewed 6 July 2011

The service was great as was the breakfast. I really wanted to try the crab quische so they allowed me to sample some; very good. Even though I stayed one night, I was treated well. I would highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Virginia
Reviewed 2 July 2011

We had a fantastic and peaceful 3 days and nights at the Inn. Our most hospitable hosts made us feel very welcomed right away.

Our Lavender room was spacious, very clean, comfortable with ample bathroom amenities.

Breakfasts each morning was enjoyable, pleasant, delicious and so filling that we forgot to eat lunch.

Our hosts graciously made the kitchen available at all times providing glasses and drinks, and afternoon treats were provided in the dining room.

Evenings we leisurely relaxed on the porch(bug spray even provided).

If we needed anything for the beach it was there. And we did make good use of the bicycles!

We've stayed a B & B's in many countries and I have to say this one was most enjoyable!
We hope to stay again at the Inn!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
England
Reviewed 29 November 2009

We enjoyed our overnight stay in this beautiful inn - lovelly location and a great breakfast. The room was one of the best I have stayed in - very comfortable and so many little touches that I can't list them including comfortable cushions - a window seat to relax on and read magazines. We used the bikes to cycle out to the nature reserve and once I got the hang of backpedalling to brake I had fun.Wish we could have stayed longer!!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple