“Charming B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chincoteague Island
Inn at Poplar Corner
Pennsylvania
“Charming B&B”
Reviewed 12 July 2008

The Inn at Poplar Corner is a wonderful Victorian getaway. The spacious rooms that adjoin the large bathrooms with whirlpool tubs are a great place to unwind after a day of sightseeing. The Inn provided delicious gourmet breakfast. The hostess was helpful in making other dinner selections in the area as well as knowledgable about Chincoteague and Assateague, including the history of the area. I would definately book my next reservation at the Inn at Poplar Corner the next time I vacation to Chincoteague!

Stayed March 2008

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 June 2008

This was a really great get away. After a really great nights sleep in a nicely decorated room we were greated by a wonderful hostess with a delicious breakfast prepared for us. We were provided with anything desired to explore the Chicoteague area. I was really surprised when they provided the bicycle to tour the Island. After a day of touring there were always delicious snacks available at the Inn, and I found chocolates everywhere I looked.
Thank you for the really great vacation. We loved it and would suggest staying at the Inn at Poplar Corner to any visiting the area.

• Liked — Great Food
  • Disliked — It was perfect makes other get aways seem soso
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 June 2008

The Inn At Poplar Corner was the perfect place for a "girls' weekend away". We were pampered and well fed. The accommodations are excellent. I highly recommend it as a place to enjoy Chincoteague Island, as well as have a relaxing vacation.

• Liked — Wonderful hospitality
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled with friends
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 June 2008

Lovely Inn with great location. Had everything we needed to enjoy the Island(bicycles, binoculars etc.) at the property. Sent us out each day with a delicous breakfast and always had great snacks on our return in the evening. Linda was a very nice hostess that made us feel as though we were family. Thank you for a great stay. It is really close to everything we had no use for the car the entire stay.

• Liked — Such a complete and comfortable getaway
  • Disliked — We had to leave
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
DC area
Reviewed 22 June 2008

We were at the Inn at the height of the season, Pony Penning Week. I found Linda to be a charming and friendly Innkeeper. She was very accomodating and the service was perfect. The Inn is very clean, charming, and roomy. The rooms had very nice appointments worthy of the internet description. I found the Inn to be a good value for ammenities available. Really, all I needed were our clothes, as the room was stocked with everything we needed and beach items were available to borrow. I loved that the location allowed us to walk everywhere. The owner's family (Linda's daughter) were in town for Pony Week and I had the opportunity to meet them as well....a very lovely family. If you are picky about service, cleanliness, and quality, you will not be disappointed by the Inn at Poplar Corner.

Linda had great suggestions for dining, and we liked her so much we invited her to join us! She also arranged an Island Tour and a Boat Captain to take us out to watch the Pony Swim.

• Liked — location, service
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
Washington, DC
Reviewed 19 July 2007

The Inn at Poplar Corner lies in the heart of Chincoteague's main street. Immaculately clean, Linda the innkeeper is very helpful. They have a shed full of bicycles, boogie boards and sand stuff that you can borrow whenever you need it. Also clean beach towels, and in an emergency, sunblock and bug spray. By car around 5 minutes to the wild and deserted beaches of Assateague (gorgeous), and by bike about a 20 minute easy bike ride since the road is flat.
Oh and did I mention the free beer and wine in the fridge for those evenings relaxing on their porch. Linda also always had cookies and other goodies in the dining roomfor whenever.
Loved our stay there.

• Liked — cleanliness, classy and nice touches throughout
  • Disliked — no view of the ocean
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
Centreville, Virginia
Reviewed 9 May 2007

We picked the perfect place for our girls scrapbooking get-away weekend! My two friends have been friends with each other for twenty years this year, a wonderful milestone that I thought should be celebrated. Lucky for me they insisted I be included and we booked our rooms at the Inn at Poplar Corner in the charming town of Chincoteague. This Innkeeper/owner - Mom and daughter team have paid attention to every detail to make your stay memorable and comfortable. After two days I was begging to be adopted ( I am 47!). Our desire to scrapbook until we dropped was embraced, and we had full access to their lovely 12 foot dining table during non-breakfast hours, and when we finally collapsed into our respective soft, comfy beds, only the smells of a delish breakfast calling to us in the morning roused us! We couldn't have been more delighted with our varied and delightfully presented breakfast both mornings. The large bedrooms, each with a shower AND Jacuzzi-for-two tub were hard to leave behind! I would highly recommend this Inn for anyone needing a break from the hectic world we operate in. We had a fantastic time and will be making it our annual retreat!

• Liked — Amazing attention to detail to make your stay memorable and comfortable.
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled with friends