1848 Island Manor House
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Chincoteague Island
See available hotels
View Hotel
Comfort Suites Chincoteague(Chincoteague Island)
View Hotel
My Lighthouse Inn(Chincoteague Island)
View Hotel
Sea Shell Motel(Chincoteague Island)
View Hotel
Sea Hawk Motel(Chincoteague Island)
Rodeway Inn(Chincoteague Island)
View Hotel
Island Motor Inn Resort(Chincoteague Island)
Chincoteague Inn(Chincoteague Island)
View Hotel
All reviewscoastal breezesandpiper roombeach chairsintimate weddingwind chimesstaff were absolutely amazinghomemade chocolate chip cookiesgourmet qualitynice place to sit and enjoyfood for breakfastamazing weekendsuntan lotionbug sprayfree bikesother guestsoffered suggestionsthe famous chincoteague ponies
Reviewed 14 November 2006

Chicoteague Island and the 1848 Island Manor House were wonderful. My fiance and I spend 2 nights at the Manor and loved every minute of it. We were there in July and are already starting to plan next summer's visit. The food, service and rooms were perfect. Some of the rooms looked a little small for more than one person, but the room we had was perfect.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2006

My first visit to the Island Manor House was in November 2003. I thoroughly enjoyed the relaxed but elegant atmosphere at the inn. We found lots of things to do and attractions to see in the local area. I gave gift certificates to my son and daughter-in-law for Christmas and we all returned to the inn in September 2004 for a fantastic weekend. Our visit in June 2005 was just as pleasant, and the food, as always, was memorable. The rooms are well kept and comfortable. The hosts are happy to make suggestions on things to do, and they provide lots of information on the area. The inn itself is full of interesting items and memorabilia, without appearing cluttered. The common areas offer a relaxed variety of atmospheres. There are comfortable living room areas where you can sit, watch TV or get to know the other guests. There are also smaller sitting areas inside and out, where you can read a book or log in to your computer, and not be disturbed. I always enjoy my visits, and look forward to returning, at least once each year.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2006

We travel alot and tend to stay at B&B's as often as possible for the personalized service. The hosts here absolutely exceeded our expectations, they were a wealth of knowledge about little insider tips on where to go, what to see and where to dine. Unlike some stays in resort areas where guests get treated as one more ring of the cash register, they take the time to get to know you and make personalized recommendations rather than a bored clerk giving "one size fits all" advise. The room and house were beautiful, the attention to detail certainly reflects the owner's love of the property and their chosen career. We'll be back, hopefully soon!

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2006

I have to say that after staying here for the 3rd time, every time I go back it seems to get better and better. The first time I stayed there, the owners had just bought the property, so I have seen it from the start to it's current status.

The exterior of the building has undergone a wonderful upgrade and is very picturesque. The lawn has been gone through a great transformatiion and was just redone this year.

The rooms are beautifully furnished and the bathrooms have all been upgraded and decorated nicely. Jerry, one of the owners does a great breakfast every morning. Both of the owners have helped up with finding fun new things to experience while we have stayed. They have suggested nice local restaurants.

I originally found the Inn through a publication in D.C. and stay there every time I am driving through the area for work. I usually stay two nights and will continue staying there due to the fact it makes a great base for me to work from and that the owners always make my stay very comfortable and much more personal than a hotel.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 August 2006

Welcome to Chincoteague Island, Virginia. That sign was the first thing that we came across that let us know we had found the right place for a quiet break from the big city. The next time we heard that phrase was two minutes later when we entered the 1848 Island Manor Bed & Breakfast and boy did they ever make us feel welcome. We had a wonderful vacation from the first minute until the last minute when regretfully we said goodbye to one of our best vacations ever. The City of Chincoteague was wonderful from the great meal at Bill's to the expert advice that I got straight from the owner of the Kite Koop. The folks at the Just Bikes , where we rented our bicycles were very friendly and the bike rides were wonderful. The beach on Assateague Island were awesome. So clean and unspoiled that there isn't even a concession stand on the island. If it weren't for the McDonald's on Chincoteague, you would have totally forgotten what we had left behind in Atlanta.

Now you would think that with all of this going for us that it really would not have cared where we stayed. The thing is Island Manor was the best part of it all. A great room (very clean), scumptious breakfasts, and the friendly staff were awesome. It was our home base. We generally plan adventure vacations. Our last was to Yosemite and Lake Tahoe and we did not want to go to our room each night because that meant the day was over. We looked forward to coming back to the island Manor every night. Not only was the bed rally comfy, but we spent hours to talking to other guests and the staff and when the morning came to check out, it was sad. It was as though we were leaving home instead of heading home.

We will be back soon. Our first Bed and Breakfast has really set the bar. Not only would it be a stretch to think that all B & Bs are like this, it would be unreasonable to think that we would even take a chance of staying anywhere other than the 1848 Island Manor House the next time we head to the beach.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled as a couple