“Lovely & Relaxing”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chincoteague Island
Miss Molly's Inn Bed & Breakfast
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Miss Molly's was an absolutely lovely bed and breakfast experience. The decor is tasteful and inviting (I even snapped some pics so I can do a little copy-cat decorating when I get home!). The gardens, landscaping, and curb appeal as we drove up was perfect and quaint and just the idyllic image we had hoped for. Breakfast and tea service were both lovely and delicious.

Perfect location to enjoy the town and scenery right out the front door. We slept well, ate well, and came out rested and relaxed. It was just what we wanted from a b&b to compliment the area, nature and town.

1  Thank Hilary B

Reviewed 16 August 2013

My husband and I took a long weekend getaway from the children. Miss Molly's was the place to go. Cozy, clean and relaxing!! The home cooked meals were made from scratch. (where can you get that!) The rooms were in great condition. The staff friendly. I recommended this place.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

My sister and read the reviews about Miss Molly’s and thought “what an experience!” – so we booked two rooms for 2013 June 19 - 21: the Upper Deck and the Bay Room which are located next to one another. The descriptions of the rooms suggested that we’d have access to our own private deck; instead the deck was communal with access to any passer-by from the parking area to look into my bathroom – at the shower and at the toilet – a little uncomfortable when there were other people there – more so when I never saw them again – were they guests? I note that their web-site has now included a picture of the deck showing exactly what I mean – and forewarning potential guests. My sister’s room was quaint and fairly large – with a Fawlty Towers up-down the steps entry-way. And lucky her, all of her plumbing worked – while my sink wouldn’t drain and the tap handle was ready to fall off.
Sadly, the service and food wasn’t up to our review-inspired expectations. I’d asked for tea service (which was confirmed) when I booked and admittedly, it had taken longer to find a family grave and leave flowers than we’d anticipated and we were running about fifteen minutes late arriving – so we called and assured Lin that we’d be there no later than 3:25 (leaving lots of leeway since we aren’t familiar with the area) – but when we arrived at 3:10pm, there was no sign that tea was being prepared for 3:30! We’d been looking forward to decompressing after a long drive to no avail. Lin informed us that tea would instead be served the next day – without any regard for our (her guests’) plans. Lin did ask for our food allergies upon arrival and we carefully told her that I am allergic to shellfish and that my sister is lactose intolerant. She assured us that she would have lactose free milk available.
Breakfast the next morning was a disappointment: first, no one directed us to the table with the lactose free milk – or any table. We sat down only to discover that my chair would not move back sufficiently because it was blocked by the overabundance of other furniture in the room. Second, the tiny peach crumble was good but the two fruit crepes were rubbery and unsatisfying – and topped with whipped cream. So much for my sister’s lactose intolerance! We waited for the actual breakfast - until we saw others getting up from their tables... apparently breakfast was over.
We’d also requested (with confirmation from Lin) a lunch for the beach months in advance. Lin didn’t tell us to also complete the card in the room to get one; in fact, having seen the card in the room (which said to drop it off before breakfast), I thought it was for last minute requests – not the long-planned lunch I was looking forward to: maybe cold fried chicken and potato salad or some other ol’ fashioned picnic. No, the only lunch on offer consisted of an ordinary cold meat sandwich with or without cheese. Mmmm… Going on without a packed lunch was no loss, however, as there is a chain sub shop making great sandwiches for a far lower price on the way to the state park.
Going without Lin's food was revealed to be an even lesser loss when the next day’s breakfast was delivered to the table: teensy tiny fruit cup followed by what looked like one small dried up crab-cake with melted cheese and hollandaise sauce. Was she trying to kill us all? Crab, cheese – and strawberries which, it turned out, bring on apoplectic shock to another guest. Why ask for our food allergies if you’re going to ignore them? We could not wait another minute to get out of there!
I see from other comments that Lin has a fit and tries to justify anything anyone complains about - instead of simply apologizing and fixing it - so I suspect she won't make any changes to make anything better from my advice. She really needs better organization to keep track of her guests needs and definitely the cleanliness must improve. Each morning the rooms were made up while guests ate their paltry breakfast – ½ hour for all of the rooms? You're kidding, right?! There was no vacuuming of the floors or (I waited to write this review until I’d confirmed this with my doctor – and calmed down - see photos attached) mattresses from which bed-bugs left my ankles a mess of swollen red blotches. My sister didn’t have this problem (no bites thankfully) in the Bay Room and luckily I had only placed my feet under my covers – and especially lucky that we'd left our heavy suitcases in the car taking only the bare essentials with us up the stairs in an (now ditched) IKEA bag.
Well, I guess we got what we bargained for… “what an experience!”

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank TinainToronto81
Reviewed 12 August 2013

This was a hard place to rate. Sam and Lin who run the place are very attentive and the free biscuits, brownies and soft drinks are very welcome after a day trying to outrun the mosquitos on Assateague Island. The house is full of interesting artifacts and the tables are beautifully laid for breakfast. However, I am only giving this 3 out of 5 as I really don't think $168 for a tiny (and I mean so tiny there was only about a foot around the bed) bedroom without an en suite bathroom was really worth it. I have paid less for a bigger room in New York and Chincoteague is certainly no New York. My boyfriend also said that the towels in our bathroom were musty and even though it was our private bathroom he saw other people using it. If you like old houses with character and gourmet breakfasts then this is the place for you. Just remember that old houses come at a price.

Room Tip: Captain Jacks where we stayed was very small and didn't have an ensuite bathroom. However it was...
Reviewed 9 July 2013

My daughters (19 & 16) and I had the wonderful pleasure of having Tea at Miss Molly's!! We have been to many Afternoon Teas but, NOTHING could compare to this!!! Walking through the doors was like stepping back into time. It was almost as if Marguerite Henry was still there penning "Misty of Chincoteague." Lynn & Maria personally baked every sweet & savory morsel that we ate. There was a delicious pot of English tea, fresh local strawberries, flowers....just magnificent!!! The Inn and the gardens are so beautiful and kept to the original appeal. Thanks Lynn & Maria for providing a cherished memory!!

Room Tip: Marguerite Henry's room has a king bed and is lovely!! Top floor has suite for families.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank TMac777
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Excellent establishment! Room was well appointed, comfortable bed. Food is not only homemade but high end. Yesterday we had veggie and sausage quiche. Today marzipan rolls followed by Dutch apple pancakes. With the screened in porch, homemade assortment of snacks (cookies and brownies), lemonade, tea coffees... It's perfect. Even had bike and beach gear at the ready at no charge.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BowleyTraveler
Reviewed 5 July 2013

This place was great. It was my first time staying at a B&B, it was my wife's first time too. We arrived late because of bad weather and when we called to inform someone that we were still coming the woman couldn't have been nicer. She left directions for what to do and told us to take our time - she cared about our safety which I thought was very nice. We stayed in the Captain Jack room which has a private bath down the hall. The room was adequate size for the two of us, the gave us a card and a small bottle of wine for our 1yr anniversary. The room was clean and so was the bathroom. The breakfast on both mornings was great too. They didn't serve too much nor did they serve too little. The staff was all very nice and they made you feel like it was your house to hang out in. They also offered items for the beach like towels, frisbee, boogie board and toys for the sand. Overall great place and we would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: For couples I would recommend the Captain Jack room. I
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple