“Great value and beautiful water view” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Waterside Inn

Waterside Inn
“Great value and beautiful water view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Nice room with refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, comfortable beds, well appointed and clean bathroom. The complementary breakfast was of good quality, with a decent selection. The juice and coffee are better than most hotels. The free Wifi works well.

WIChincoteague, Owner at Waterside Inn, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
I like that you cut to the chase. A person in a hurry could read this review and know that their needs would be exceeded. Wi-Fi is broad band, coffee is Folgers, breakfast items rotate but all are high quality and fresh and served with a smile. Waterview is the Chincoteague Channel. We hope you come back soon and bring your friends. Thank you for the review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

This was by far a great place to stay quiet and relaxation at its best . The front office personal was great and we're very nice and friendly. The room was awesome and never heard a sound from other guest
I'd recommend this hotel to other people who want to have a quiet relaxing time.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
WIChincoteague, Owner at Waterside Inn, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
We are located 1 mile south of the traffic light at the foot of the last bridge coming to Chincoteague, passing through the newly beautifully redone Historic Downtown District. We are close to many shops and restaurants but far enough away from the high commercial area to be quiet, peaceful, and relaxing. I am glad that you enjoyed your vacation with us. Come back Soon.
Preston, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

This was our 3rd year staying at Waterside Inn and wouldn't stay anywhere else on Chincoteague! The friendly staff makes your stay in addition to the best sunset views, best fireworks display, and easy walking or bicycling to the carnival grounds or shopping/dining at Bills! Highly recommend Bill's Seafood too! The boat slips are also great since my husband brings his boat every year to go fishing 24/7 :). Thanks again to Donna, Lauren, Lindsey and Ruthann for their great hospitality! See ya next year, if not before!

Room Tip: Request 3rd roo floor for the best views!!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
WIChincoteague, Owner at Waterside Inn, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
From Donna, Lindsey, Lauren, and Ruthann, thank you. The fourth of July fireworks are amazing for such a small town and the view from our dock or the balconies of our rooms is unparalleled. We tell our customers to keep their cars parked in the parking lot and walk to the carnival grounds but to return to the hotel to watch the fireworks. Best view in town.
Sykesville, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

The location of this inn is fantastic!! Right on the bay with a gorgeous view. The pool is small but it's a small inn and it's open until 1am!! Nothing like swimming under the stars looking out onto a dark bay. Fishing off the docks or pier, slips for boats...the location really make this place! The rooms themselves are spacious, beds were comfortable and the balconies are a must!! Breakfast is the standard inn breakfast although they had a nice woman making waffles. I've stayed At other inns on the island and this is my new favorite! We will be back soon!

WIChincoteague, Owner at Waterside Inn, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
We are so glad to welcome you as one of new regular customers. I am so glad that you took the time to share the fun details of the things that make us special. Thank you. we look forward to seeing you again soon. September and October are pretty here and the rates are even better.
Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

My family and I loved this place, and we are "chain" people. We found nothing broken, and no flies. We did find a clean room, actual ceramic coffee mugs, a nice balcony, and a pool we could enjoy until late at night. We walked to town, and returned to a quiet room. The staff at check in were very kind and helpful, and the staff at breakfast and checkout were just as nice. My picky family has no complaints about the Waterside Inn.

WIChincoteague, Owner at Waterside Inn, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Thank you so much for the great review. I am glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. I am proud of my business and proud of my staff. It is so nice to be appreciated by our customers. We hope you can return in the near future.
Newport News, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

I was visiting the area for business for a day and they booked this hotel for a few of us that were on the same team. I was kind of leery when I received my reservation information being that the company normally books us at one of the larger chain hotels. When I arrived to the hotel I was impressed with the outside of the hotel. The staff at the check in desk was very friendly also. Once I received my room key and went into my room I was very disappointed on how dated things were on the inside. The tile on the floor was broken and the carpet was so awful! To the point I was afraid to walk on it. After asking to be moved to another room the second room was just as bad maybe even worse, this room had flies in it! Yes flies meaning plural not just one lol. I was past disgusted at this point. My thought was I only have to be in here for a few hours before work in the morning then I could head home! After speaking with one of the members on my team who also stayed at the same hotel her experience was very similar to mine. So please beware!

Room Tip: If you have the option choose another hotel chain.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Businesstravel98
WIChincoteague, Owner at Waterside Inn, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
I am very sorry that your experience is not typical. We have many business customers who choose only to stay with us and highly recommend our hotel. There are a variety of accommodations on Chincoteague and some people will only be satisfied with chain hotels. There are several nice ones to choose from in the area. We hope the next time you return to the "Happiest Seaside Town" the accommodations you find will exceed your expectations.
Falls Church, Virginia, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Owners and staff were all very friendly and welcoming. Rooms have nice view of the water (sunset view, facing the mainland, not Assateague), great view of the rocket launch. Rooms were not fancy, but clean, included microwave, mini fridge. Pool was great. Hotel is near the fairgrounds, a bit away from the main business district. Breakfast was ok -- waffles made to order, but no fresh fruit, so-so coffee, not enough seating for the number of guests.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank ElizabethLB
WIChincoteague, Owner at Waterside Inn, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. There are not too many places where you can sit on your balcony and view a rocket being launched. We have the best view of the launches, the fireworks, close to the carnival, and less than 1/2 mile from the center of Historic Main St Shops and Restaurants. We hope you plan to return soon.